94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember there is a list of average finishing times for each group - anyone know a link to it..?

This?

post-6252-0-14152500-1382094027_thumb.png

This?

So if MM group is expected to complete ride in 5hr 30mins what do they expect us in UU/VV to complete it in ?? :huh:

Edited by ryanlynx99

So if MM group is expected to complete ride in 5hr 30mins what do they expect us in UU/VV to complete it in ?? :huh:

Just get home before the beer runs out... :thumbup:

Nobody said you must wait for the rest of the group :whistling:

UU is expecting a cracker of a time.

Well said Wyatt, expect to hook a PP starter on your way past me.....do you have a tow bar on your bike? :ph34r: will gladly suck......your.....wheel.........That is if I can hold on!

As one of the G-spotters, I like the idea, and maybe like one of the other trains, we could meet say in the Crade for a ride the week or so before, say hi to each other, check out the relative strengh of everyone, have a cup of coffee and plan our race.

Good idea. Might be dependent on the numbers that can make it. I can’t the weekend before raceday. But if anyone want to ride the Wednesday/Saturday 13th/16th in the Roodepoort area, please let me know. With all the hijackings and shootings (albeit different areas/other threads) I’m not riding anywhere alone. Don’t know that “hood”

Yip K-Group looking at a Sub 3, hopefully

please send us the virtual partner so that we can track ourselves, one has to keep something in the tank for the end so if tracking ahead of plan then we can slow it down

This is interesting - can it be used with a Garmin 800?

If so please explain how to upload it.

Save theTCX file on your computer (remember where you saved it, whether that’s the desktop or downloads folder or wherever), then transfer it to the Garmin.

Every computer is different, but the general idea is that the Edge 800 acts like a USB thumb drive. Plugging it into your computer should allow you to view the files stored on the unit. Once you have it plugged in, open up the “drive” associated with the GPS unit, then open the “Garmin” folder inside the drive. You’ll now see a list of several files/folders. One of the folders is called “NewFiles”. You should copy (drag the icon) the file to this folder. Once done, safely remove the GPS unit. “Safely remove” means follow your systems instructions for removing a USB flash drive. This, on Windows systems, is usually done by clicking the remove hardware icon in the lower right corner of the screen, next to the clock.

Once the file is transferred to the Edge and the Edge is safely removed from the computer, power the device up. You should be able to find your route under the “Courses” menu. From there it should be fairly self explanatory.

edited: copied and edited from another site

Edited by geraldm24