94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

No parking problems for me.

I will just have to cycle the 10 km from home to the start.

Nice , so we can all park at your place ?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted a map for you (and others above)...found it on http://www.cyclechal.../cyclechallenge

or on the site go to "DOWNLOADS" and click on "VENUE MAP" ...you will find it there...good luck!!!

PS - POLO parking is not that bad...been using it for 2 years and fairly close to the start...it's better if you get there early!!!

Thanks Cassie.

One more question that comes to mind when looking at map is about where exactly is entrance to the Polo Field parking when coming via N1/Maxwell Drive? Can see there is marked with blue line/arrow an underpass into the area but assume that is only for cyclist to access the venue.

Having a late start time of only 10 AM trying to figure how early to arrive without being too early and also not getting stuck with road closure due to first cyclists already coming through towards finish line.

Edited by ryanlynx99

Thanks Cassie.

One more question that comes to mind when looking at map is about where exactly is entrance to the Polo Field parking when coming via N1/Maxwell Drive? Can see there is marked with blue line/arrow an underpass into the area but assume that is only for cyclist to access the venue.

Having a late start time of only 10 AM trying to figure how early to arrive without being too early and also not getting stuck with road closure due to first cyclists already coming through towards finish line.

If you are in Maxwell Drive and you drive towards the R55...pass the traffic circle onward to R55 road...the entrances to the Polo parking would be on your right hand side...try to enter as far down as possible (field market with a "2").

If possible try to stop just on the inside of the Polo parking (just off Maxwell drive)...this will give you easy access to Maxwell and then just take the road down to the traffic lights and right onto the R55 towards the Starting Pens :thumbup: if they maybe changed the parking or have other access roads / entrances / exits then just follow the crowd or ask someone there...normally VERY easy to get to the starting pens from there...we just "winged" it the first year for parking and it was a breeze :clap:

The best would be to plan your trip so that you're about 1 and half hours there before (so in your case +/- 8h30)...you never know what can happen (especially with traffic) and it's best to be early...the starting pens could be a good 15 to 20 minutes walk / ride (depending on where you parked)...and it's best to be in your pen about 20 to 30 minutes before hand (also to get some "vibe" and NOT be rushed and you never know if you need to visit the LOO :whistling: :eek: or have a puncture before the start...or whatever... :thumbup: just to be safe...be there at 8h00 AM...

No parking problems for me.

I will just have to cycle the 10 km from home to the start.

Wife's office is not even 2 km from the start. Free under cover parking ... no problem.

missed the hubber K group starting from something country on sunday at The Cradle, but managed to do 148KM, training done, now time for some R&R :)

Don't think the K group ride happened, was there at 6:20, waited around til 6:35 and then went off and did my own thing... but only half the distance you did, 2:36 was about all I could motivate myself to do. Only fun part was counting the number of Cape Epic jerseys out there that clearly haven't been near the race :whistling:

Wife's office is not even 2 km from the start. Free under cover parking ... no problem.

I have booked into the Holiday Inn at the start line for Saturday night, so I am good for parking too. Not so sure when I want to exit to go home though? Will have to wait and see.

I have booked into the Holiday Inn at the start line for Saturday night, so I am good for parking too. Not so sure when I want to exit to go home though? Will have to wait and see.

Jinne Steve, taking this one serious, bru :eek: :whistling:

Hehehe you and me could share the same wife :thumbup: .....now just to get there with road closures and all....will leave nice and early just in case. Their offices are in woodmead business park....

Arrived at something country on Sunday morning. Met up with squier but something country was so busy did not see anyone else waiting around! Squier and myself did a good 90km ride with. 30km average. Think we ready for the weekend.

we are riding from Edenvale at 5 on sunday if anyone want to join us . easy ride out , fun lap of 94 , chow then easy ride home .

any of you from the east want to avoid parking problems you welcome to join us .

we are riding from Edenvale at 5 on sunday if anyone want to join us . easy ride out , fun lap of 94 , chow then easy ride home .

any of you from the east want to avoid parking problems you welcome to join us .

Yster!!