94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

I am not so sure. The way that Auntie climbed past me last Sunday, showed that she can ride it like it's stolen...

I'm not your Auntie.

I'm young enough to be your daughter.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the lionpark loop in the cradle today as prep for 94.7 next week... Started at Gordon Rd Mcdees on Ontdekkers towards Randfontein , past keywest,Robbert Broom (down sterkfontein), makiti, lionpark past toadbury... over the N14 via beyers, onto the N14 up Hillsnacks and back up ontdekkers ... 98 ks of intense pain . 3h30 mins

Is this route tough enough for me to at least have a hope in hell of doing 94.7 in 3hr straight ? How much rest or training do i need this week i term of tapering down to peak ? My quads and hamstrings took serious strain today (tearing like a little girl)

I did the lionpark loop in the cradle today as prep for 94.7 next week... Started at Gordon Rd Mcdees on Ontdekkers towards Randfontein , past keywest,Robbert Broom (down sterkfontein), makiti, lionpark past toadbury... over the N14 via beyers, onto the N14 up Hillsnacks and back up ontdekkers ... 98 ks of intense pain . 3h30 mins

Is this route tough enough for me to at least have a hope in hell of doing 94.7 in 3hr straight ? How much rest or training do i need this week i term of tapering down to peak ? My quads and hamstrings took serious strain today (tearing like a little girl)

... I reckon a lot depends on your start group. It definitely sounds like you are strong enough to manage a 3hr. But riding in a strong group also means picking the right breaks to go with at the right time. I see it all the time where guys are out of the saddle trying to get into breaks off the front on the M1 already only to be caught on the Joe Slovo uphill. Bide your time and stick with a big group in the early parts. If you feel strong on the N14 or after, then you can demonstrate your best breakaway maneuvers.

So my only seeding event, dome to dome, was done in 3:15... Got seed in SS departure for 9:41... Hoping for a sub 3:30, but worried about the traffic! I knon it'll be a bit of a time trial ride but hoping for a good one nevertheless!

Did the MTB this morning. They def tried to make it more technical. Still not a technical race but def step-up from last year. Nic White came 4th (I think) in pink stockings on a S/S and Robyn De Groot came in the top 10. I dont know the winning times so I cannot compare to last year - route was 75% the same. I suffered like a biaaatch for a 2:35ish. A guy fell of one of those retaining wall made of rocks and mesh wire, right behind me - hope he is OK.

Started at A6,and the race absolutely sucked,waited for over an hour,at the start of the single track,(literally standing still) will not do this race again.Will stick with the road one.

Edited by 26er

Started at A6,and the race absolutely sucked,waited for over an hour,at the start of the single track,(literally standing still) will not do this race again.Will stick with the road one.

So dont - rather stay home

I was chatting to a guy at the Finnish his mate sent him some pics of the back log was ridiculous, if you don't have a good seeding for this race you are totally screwed. I was ok so guess I will be back next year.