Spruit - behind Auckland Park Bowling Club

Thug

On the way to Alberts Farm you cycle behind the Auckland Park Bowling Club alongside the palisade fence.

What I've recently noticed is that someone has removed all the tree roots.

Question is, who and why??

I think it was a damn stupid idea with no foresight at all and no consultation with the people that actually maintain that section of the trail!

Next thing they'll want to tar a cycle path or heaven forbid, remove all the rocks on Alberts Farm.

If you know who was responsible, please PM me their details.

Dude exactly!! We rode there on Sunday morning and I saw the same thing. Idiots. I really just hope it wasn't a group of riders upset at some roots. That section just added a touch of fun.

Yip- noticed that spot on Tuesday...

I said to my buddy next thing they'll tar the section...

Nonsense!

Yip, I mean wtf. Maybe its the cyclocross riders making the route more rideable, haha.

Edited by SteveS

On the way to Alberts Farm you cycle behind the Auckland Park Bowling Club alongside the palisade fence.

What I've recently noticed is that someone has removed all the tree roots.

Question is, who and why??

I think it was a damn stupid idea with no foresight at all and no consultation with the people that actually maintain that section of the trail!

Next thing they'll want to tar a cycle path or heaven forbid, remove all the rocks on Alberts Farm.

If you know who was responsible, please PM me their details.

:thumbdown:

Time to put some speed bumps in there, maybe even put a rock garden between the bumps.

Same thing with little concrete ramps such as by the Virgin on Rustenburg Rd. If you cant hop the pavement, carry your bike and walk. Why f up the gutter?

The roots have also been removed further down around the corner next to that large tree.

If people don't have the skill to bunny hop a pavement or ride over a tree root, why remove those obstacles?

The roots have also been removed further down around the corner next to that large tree.

If people don't have the skill to bunny hop a pavement or ride over a tree root, why remove those obstacles?

Cuz they don't all have big fat marshmallow wheels. ;)

Same thing with little concrete ramps such as by the Virgin on Rustenburg Rd. If you cant hop the pavement, carry your bike and walk. Why f up the gutter?

that's a completely different thing! It makes it so much safer, what is someone completely new to the sport falls trying to bunny hop the pavement and does quite make it the rider and everyone behind can get stuck in the middle of a very busy road! And there pipes running under them so the gutters aren't ruined at all.

P.S. I did not build them or know who did just see their value

that's a completely different thing! It makes it so much safer, what is someone completely new to the sport falls trying to bunny hop the pavement and does quite make it the rider and everyone behind can get stuck in the middle of a very busy road! And there pipes running under them so the gutters aren't ruined at all.

I agree. Especially the speed that cars and bikes come around that corner at.

I don't have a problem with the kerbs on Rustenburg Road as that is a dangerous section.

Edited by Thug

Ja and the wooden bridge over the river if you cant hop it swim it

Didnt see any pipes under the ramps but if someone doesnt have the skill to hop those pavements dont attempt it on that dangerous corner. Dismount, walk your bike safely across and continue your ride on the other side. The ramps as they are can cause a hazard to cars.

I know I am nitpicking here but lets try leave as little trace as possible.

We live in a instant satisfaction world. Instead of taking the time to learn a skill or to perfect said skill, people would rather just ride somewhere where they don't need that skill at all.

We see it here in stormy cape as well. The mellow trails get alot more traffic than the gnarlier trails. Which is a good thing, as it gives people a chance to progress.

Sadly, a lot of the people never push past the mellow barrier into the gnarlier trails and never lean the skill. they get stronger and fitter, but struggle on the techy stuff.

I wish that the people would race less and ride more. Train less and play more.

We live in a instant satisfaction world. Instead of taking the time to learn a skill or to perfect said skill, people would rather just ride somewhere where they don't need that skill at all.

We see it here in stormy cape as well. The mellow trails get alot more traffic than the gnarlier trails. Which is a good thing, as it gives people a chance to progress.

Sadly, a lot of the people never push past the mellow barrier into the gnarlier trails and never lean the skill. they get stronger and fitter, but struggle on the techy stuff.

I wish that the people would race less and ride more. Train less and play more.

deep brother, deep!