Intermediate, Beginner and/or Sissy Pants riders please note..

Thug

Don't tell Nigel but there were riders taking the unofficial B line on the jump before the money maker on Saturday - and that was world champs!

HEY! That was f%&*n far to jump and if you got it wrong, there were consequences. The instruction I heard from an accomplished rider to a foreigner was to "Just huck it and hope for the best because if you come up short, you are going to feel it." I didn't know eyes got that big...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't matter. Point is that people still alter trails all over the place, just to suit their requirements. It doesn't cross tehir minds that the trails may have been built like that for a very specific purpose (erosion control / technicality etc) and yet they still do it without any thought for what they are actually doing.

Case in point - moving rocks on the PMB WC track. I mean, WTF!?

In all fairness that did happen before competition started and it was probably by someone who enjoys dickswinging around a braai fire. The entire course was rideable (Very slowly but rideable)

doesn't matter. Point is that people still alter trails all over the place, just to suit their requirements. It doesn't cross tehir minds that the trails may have been built like that for a very specific purpose (erosion control / technicality etc) and yet they still do it without any thought for what they are actually doing.

Case in point - moving rocks on the PMB WC track. I mean, WTF!?

True story. It is a massive bone of contention for me that people are not giving riding enough respect and aren't patient enough to learn the hard way but still want the kudos that goes with riding trails. (Super long rant curbed!)

The cheat line around the 1 last rocky section on Boulders in Tokai cracks me up as much as it irritates me... Seriously?

I'm not so sure of that. It took me a sighting lap, 6 crashes and putting on both sets of big boy panties before I felt comfy on the XCO course - even then my little guys tried to climb inside when I rode the final tech section before the start/finish(that was later removed).

Changing the course is douche baggery but hell I was tempted a few times!

Look, I don't doubt that the sections were at times extremely technical (and I probably would have had to wear my big girl panties and crop top as well) but to change a purpose built track when you know fkall about trail building, and are there to ride the WORLD CHAMPS, instead of just manning up and taking the b / c lines?

Douchebaggery of note.

True story. It is a massive bone of contention for me that people are not giving riding enough respect and aren't patient enough to learn the hard way but still want the kudos that goes with riding trails. (Super long rant curbed!)

The cheat line around the 1 last rocky section on Boulders in Tokai cracks me up as much as it irritates me... Seriously?

Dude. That's not the worst one. Who here remembers David16v?

The guy admitted to forging a new, alternative "chicken line" when confronted with 3x 5cm high roots on FAIRY GARDEN. They had a puddle between them. They were apparently "too technical" and "dangerous".

Flip. My 15 month old son ramps things higher on his frikkin Tow Mater ride-along!

In all fairness that did happen before competition started and it was probably by someone who enjoys dickswinging around a braai fire. The entire course was rideable (Very slowly but rideable)

Yeah, exactly. The guys that do that are the bitchers. They do all the bitching, but when it comes to build days, they never do the pitching

HEY! That was f%&*n far to jump and if you got it wrong, there were consequences. The instruction I heard from an accomplished rider to a foreigner was to "Just huck it and hope for the best because if you come up short, you are going to feel it." I didn't know eyes got that big...

Respecognise Grebel!

At least 50% of the riders took that line.

I felt much happier as a spectator that day :-)

Respecognise Grebel!

At least 50% of the riders took that line.

I felt much happier as a spectator that day :-)

I hear certain wheels dont like rock gardens. :ph34r:

Dude. That's not the worst one. Who here remembers David16v?

The guy admitted to forging a new, alternative "chicken line" when confronted with 3x 5cm high roots on FAIRY GARDEN. They had a puddle between them. They were apparently "too technical" and "dangerous".

Flip. My 15 month old son ramps things higher on his frikkin Tow Mater ride-along!

I'm appalled to admit I rode the new line around that Boulders rocky section the other week... I look forward to your wrath!!

:ph34r: :whistling:

Look, I don't doubt that the sections were at times extremely technical (and I probably would have had to wear my big girl panties and crop top as well) but to change a purpose built track when you know fkall about trail building, and are there to ride the WORLD CHAMPS, instead of just manning up and taking the b / c lines?

Douchebaggery of note.

Like someone else said - it was before the comp.

Plenty riders took sighting laps and there was heated debate on the free practice days about which lines were faster, safer, where to go if there was congestion, who was taking A lines etc.

In terms of changing courses - I don't see the issue with peoplemaking their own chicken lines around obstacles - as long as it doesn't change original line/destroy water run off courses etc.

None of us started riding with the ability to jump gaps, ride rocks and smash drop offs - some consideration should be given to beginners...

I hear certain wheels dont like rock gardens. :ph34r:

I've conveniently blamed the rider :clap:

Edit: Pending an official investigation....

Edited by Eldron

OK probably not the right place to admit it but that cheatline on boulders I found quite usefull we're not all frikkin Chris Akrig. When I feel like challenging myself I don't take the cheatline. Becuase I don't have champion dickswinging skills like some of you experts doesn't mean I enjoy the ride any less. Flame suit on.....he he he

None of us started riding with the ability to jump gaps, ride rocks and smash drop offs - some consideration should be given to beginners...

Indeed. Which is why (in Tokai at least) we're trying to make everything as progressive as possible. No big-ass death jumps, but mostly tables and rollable drops that you can take at 3kph and not endo all the way onto your face at the bottom of the hill.

It's just disheartening when you've spent the whole weekend working on making a trail sustainable, progressive and interesting, yet challenging to ALL levels, and someone comes along and moves a rock that they think is in the wrong place.