Advise from the 29er experts please.Scott vs Spez

T-man

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Olympics were sooooo last year :-)

I did test ride a Spez and loved it. Just couldn't justify the R90k for the S-Works that I want.

ha ha..

what specs does the epic carbon comp come out with??2013 that is. reba, magura brakes..shifters,FD,RD???

Too ,many people run after components.

A good bike is all about the overall ride quality and the cycling experience.

The top of the line shifters certainly won't make a bike ride better :thumbup:

Those magura brakes are amazing.

Went down yellowood pass at tour of legends (steepest road in southern hemisphere) no fade, no squelling and consistent stopping power.

passed many people walking down it that had lock ups and fade.

I am no expert on bikes and or 29r's but what I do know and at the risk of repeating myself for the hundredth time - sooner or later everyone wants to ride a Specialized so don't wait get it now :devil:

Those magura brakes are amazing.

Went down yellowood pass at tour of legends (steepest road in southern hemisphere) no fade, no squelling and consistent stopping power.

passed many people walking down it that had lock ups and fade.

You obviously had a different experience (or maybe model) than I did. Could not get mine to shut up or bite consistently. Took it off and put on XT's with IceTech rotors... no hassles since. Best change I made to my Stumpy.

Too ,many people run after components.

A good bike is all about the overall ride quality and the cycling experience.

The top of the line shifters certainly won't make a bike ride better :thumbup:

Yes for lack of a better explanation the Epic just feels right. Best bike I've ever had by a long shot and I only have the alloy comp.

Wyane are you based in Pretoria?are you doing van gaalens next weekend? Wanne buy you a beer!!!

east rand based. Not doing van Galen's. in Mauritius for a couple of weeks. Appreciate it though. Rain check?

I am jealous :( . What a bike.

First time ever that someone said that.... Use to 26er hardtails.... and not very expensive ones....But hy, they served me very well!!! Time to move on though....