Seller's Integrity

"Stevens"

Surely if you put 3x Zip SLC bars up for sale, the first 3 people to respond are either entitled to buy the items or at least deserve an answer. WTF...and the onion award goes to.,..........

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entitled to buy....no!!!

Deserve answer.....has the HUBBER been on line??? If he has been then yes if not maybe he is busy

hello guys... We are a bike shop and are VERY busy. we only check 'the hub' once may be twice a day. We therefore helped phoning customers first.

All the bars sold.

The only way we could handle this situation was to give preference to customers that actually phoned us. We therefore sold the bars to the first 3 customers that phoned us.

Rgds

marco

011 466 9974

SEEMS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD TO ME, IF I WANT SOMETHING I MAKE ALL EFFORT TO GET MY PAWS ON IT

hello guys... We are a bike shop and are VERY busy. we only check 'the hub' once may be twice a day. We therefore helped phoning customers first.

All the bars sold.

The only way we could handle this situation was to give preference to customers that actually phoned us. We therefore sold the bars to the first 3 customers that phoned us.

Rgds

marco

011 466 9974

SEEMS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD TO ME, IF I WANT SOMETHING I MAKE ALL EFFORT TO GET MY PAWS ON IT

Yes and No...

You cannot expect to post items on the Hub and then decide to (if you feel like it) check the responses 4hrs later. Surely you receive a notification when someone responds to the Ad!

Besides you posted your items @ 5:21pm yesterdsay and the OP responded about 3mins later. So you telling us that 3 peeps called you within less than 3mins once the Ad was posted??

The other day there way pretty much the same thread about a SALE and the buyer was cross because the seller did not get back to him ASAP ,,,,posting something to sell says " hi my name is .......I want to sell ......... " some people spend waaaay to much time on the hub(that's me) some come online once a week or once a day, IMHO if a tell number is left and I want it ill phone, send the cash and a driver and get it ASAP

I will leave a PM I will leave a message If I want it its up to me to get it, the days of people waiting for EAGER SELLERS to drop everything is gone because 95% of "buyers" are tyre kickers

Its OK, we and likewise Marco, can decide with whom and how we do business.....lesson learned.

Personally I think you taking this way to personal, it's not like the parts he was selling is a collectors item clearly the first people to come and pay for the items got them, why would it be a selective process the man wanted cash for the product, the first to bring cash got the product.

I'm with OP on this one. You didnt state that preference will be given to callers. Any form of communication was thus acceptable.

Not good business. I would suggest, seeing that you're a bike shop, you get OP another bar at a moerse special.

@dmc 007. Surely you have " sold " something to someone only to find out the eft has not come through that was promised, cheque is in the mail, times are tough money in the till is better than a message on a screen indicating interest

First-come, first-served (FCFS) – sometimes first-in, first-served and first-come, first choice – is a service policy whereby the requests of customers or clients are attended to in the order that they arrived, without other biases or preferences. The policy can be employed when processing sales orders, in determining restaurant seating, on a taxi stand, etc. In Western society, it is the standard policy for the processing of most queues in which people wait for a service.

I'm with dipslick on this one, if you want something and deem it to be a good deal then make the effort to contact the seller, phoning is always going to be the quickest and easiest, If you sent a dibbs or PM or email, chances are someone else beat you to it?

First-come, first-served (FCFS) – sometimes first-in, first-served and first-come, first choice – is a service policy whereby the requests of customers or clients are attended to in the order that they arrived, without other biases or preferences. The policy can be employed when processing sales orders, in determining restaurant seating, on a taxi stand, etc. In Western society, it is the standard policy for the processing of most queues in which people wait for a service.

That's your copy paste take on it, what you say OOM