Better quality Hubs?

Neg

Im going to having a wheel set built up with ZTR flow rims, DT swis spokes and X9 Hubs.

i have a Budget of R4500. MAX.

what Hubs would be better value for money or just better than the X9's? i would like Hope/C king but budget is very limited.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can probably builtld a ztr/hope wheelset for about

That much. Maybe look at velocity hoops and hope hubs. Also a really buleltproof set up. Speak to a wheel builder and see what they can do for you.

The Problem is that i don't know who to speak to. And i'm really just going on what my LBS recommended. but if i can find someone who can build for that price- ill go with them!

All online prices seem to be 5k +

Superstar. Nuff said. Either the switch evo or trizoid. Both cheaper than hope yet modeled on the tech 2 evo. Ordered at www.superstarcomponents.co.uk and will be here in 5 days.

Very very good value and very very nice hubs.

What was the shipping cost? i see they have a wheel set there, ZTR flow with black Evo Hubs- 180 quid :eek: ????

What was the shipping cost? i see they have a wheel set there, ZTR flow with black Evo Hubs- 180 quid :eek: ????

Don't order wheels (full wheels or the hoops themselves) from them. They charge GBP 100 shipping for "large" items, which wheels are counted as. Just order the hubs and spokes and nipples from them. Seriaaaaas.

Edit: shipping cost for hubs and small items is ZAR 100 or so.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Hi, I have a shop in fourways JHB and we Specialize in servicing etc. Can build u a set of wheels no problem.

My price on a Hope/ztr (crest/arch) with pillar double butted spokes and alu nipples about R6k but I can build u a set of Novatec hubs + pillar spokes + ZTR rims for around or under your budget. if u went with brass nipples. Nice thing with alu nipples can colour code also lighter. This wheel set would probably be about 1.5kg or there about. Novatec hubs are sealed bearings and replacement parts are super cheap so will never break the bank.

I can supply references if u would like. I have many happy regular clients.

Drop me a mail and if u would like a quote or to discuss things further. Josh

info@cyclistsworkshop.co.za

Superstars and velocity blunt sl hoops. Those would be awesome wheels! I second the motion to call Johan or Anton they will hook you up. (Ive had wheels built by JB and I know of people with wheels from Anton)

Speak to Johan at yellow saddle

I've left about 5 messages for him in the past about other related bike questions. But he never returns my calls... i even wanted to buy a set of XT V- breaks from him...

Any way.... Anyone else you can recommend?

Edited by Neg

I've left about 5 messages for him in the past about other related bike questions. But he never returns my calls... i even wanted to buy a set of XT V- breaks from him...

Any way.... Anyone else you can recommend?

Oops!!!

Cool will contact these people. :)

Hi, I have a shop in fourways JHB and we Specialize in servicing etc. Can build u a set of wheels no problem.

My price on a Hope/ztr (crest/arch) with pillar double butted spokes and alu nipples about R6k but I can build u a set of Novatec hubs + pillar spokes + ZTR rims for around or under your budget. if u went with brass nipples. Nice thing with alu nipples can colour code also lighter. This wheel set would probably be about 1.5kg or there about. Novatec hubs are sealed bearings and replacement parts are super cheap so will never break the bank.

I can supply references if u would like. I have many happy regular clients.

Drop me a mail and if u would like a quote or to discuss things further. Josh

info@cyclistsworkshop.co.za

Email sent

Just a bit of advice. Buy your rims (whichever you choose) online and then get the Switch Evos for 1k4 landed, your spokes and nipples for another 500 max landed and ask someone like dangle or those guys to build them.

Even if they charge a normal fee for building (up to 500 or so) you'll still get a better wheelset for far less than if you source the components locally.

The distributors RAPE us for spoke prices locally. Literally 4 times more expensive per wheel as opposed to bringing in your own spokes from crc / wiggle etc.