AA -The Avid Appreciation society

PhilipV

So after another brake question thread turned into an Avid bashing thread, I reckon it is time for the handful of guys who like Avid brakes to stand together.

Hi, I'm Philip and I like my Avid brakes.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Avid Elixir 7SL's on my Stumpy FSR, and I love them! They feel great, modulation is top notch, and they are ambidextrous. No ugly side specific reservoirs...... Quite compact too!

:huh:

My avids make bird noises all the time. I guess I could say I like that..... But I feel like that would be like sugar coating a turd

My avids make bird noises all the time. I guess I could say I like that..... But I feel like that would be like sugar coating a turd

Change your rotors. Or better yet, clean them, and sand down your pads. Maybe your pressure washer dislodged some *** in the process of washing and they are now contaminated...

The warbling / bird sounds are down to either contamination, the design of the rotor (old ones were particularly bad - change to the Ice Tech rotors and watch that noise disappear) or cold brakes.

Also - it happens just after you've cleaned your brake rotors with Benzine / Acetone. Yikes, that was not a lekker experience. But it lasted 1/2 a ride...

Hi, I'm Myles and I love my Avids. But I secretly lust after Avid Trails...

Sorry for you.... I have them on my race bike... :)

Keep lusting - they are worth having.

Sorry for you.... I have them on my race bike... :)

Keep lusting - they are worth having.

Dude. I know. Pain or Shine and Capricorn have them on their bikes. OMFS. DROOL. Puts my 5's to shame, not that they're a bad brakeset, but has made me buy a new set of better quality pads.

Dude. I know. Pain or Shine and Capricorn have them on their bikes. OMFS. DROOL. Puts my 5's to shame, not that they're a bad brakeset, but has made me buy a new set of better quality pads.

Those fit Avid Elixir pads? if they do, pm me an address - I will send you some EBS metallic pads to try - traded 10 sets for a bottle of wine a while back.... (ok - one hell of a bottle of wine)

Archived