AA -The Avid Appreciation society

PhilipV

Guest Omega Man

no wonder you always fcking around with other ppl's brakes. hahaha u are very annoying in that regard. If i'm all holy over my bike when you around, well, now u know why :P

haha. Just comparing feel. Like a dog sniffing the other dog's knuts. You are welcome to fuddle my brakes knobs. careful tho. Once you touch them it's hard to forget them.

Oh and prepare for a bit of Come to Fr........ marketing.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Omega Man

post-6789-0-15152400-1380895843_thumb.jpg

:P

Hahaha. So you are coming to the race hey? The track is amaaaaaaaazinger! You'll also hear about plans going forward.

Ek het n broek vol planne.

Hahaha. So you are coming to the race hey? The track is amaaaaaaaazinger! You'll also hear about plans going forward.

Ek het n broek vol planne.

defos! very keen to rumble over some new dirt, and of course to hear about your bikepark plans ;)

Avids are nice. have them on my Singlespeed XC/commuter bike. Excellent performance for price (not like shimano)

But I do have Hope tech M4's with braided hoses and 203mm hope floating rotor on my trail bike... All I say is they look Damn pretty

Avid brakes for life..... to quote the Top Gear team "you cant consider yourself a true petrol head until you have owned an Alfa Romeo" - "cant call yourself a mountain biker until you have ridden Avid brakes"

and yes, I do own an Alfa Romeo - 159 3.2 v6 :devil:

Avid brakes for life..... to quote the Top Gear team "you cant consider yourself a true petrol head until you have owned an Alfa Romeo" - "cant call yourself a mountain biker until you have ridden Avid brakes"

and yes, I do own an Alfa Romeo - 159 3.2 v6 :devil:

#badass

http://www.imcdb.org/i174171.jpg

How much are a used pair of avid elixir 3's worth? I figure on any other thread, the general consensus would be that they would be worth more if they were on fire, cos that way they would at least be providing some heat and light instead of just providing piss poor braking performance, but seen as this "The Avid Appreciation Society", I figured maybe they'd be worth something to you guys.

So.... I have a pair of used elixir 3s complete with rotors and "incomparable" avid performance. Bidding starts at R1000.... Any takers??

Sorry Mountain Bru bus AA cheapskates only bid in smarties.

Hobestly, I bought a set of Elixir 5 for R600 if I recall correctly.

Hi I just got my Avid XX brakes like them. Seeing that there are so many people that dislikes Avid this should be easy..... I have 2 Shimano 160mm 6 bolt Ice tech rotors (did 5km with them, got them on a now wheel set and removed them) I would like to swap them for a set of 160mm Avid HSX 6-Bolt Rotors in same condition

Hi I just got my Avid XX brakes like them. Seeing that there are so many people that dislikes Avid this should be easy..... I have 2 Shimano 160mm 6 bolt Ice tech rotors (did 5km with them, got them on a now wheel set and removed them) I would like to swap them for a set of 160mm Avid HSX 6-Bolt Rotors in same condition

He He good one.

I do have Avid XX rotors for sale though.

Sorry Mountain Bru bus AA cheapskates only bid in smarties.

Hobestly, I bought a set of Elixir 5 for R600 if I recall correctly.

Yep. And you can get a brand new set of 5's for approx 1k2.

No no but you don't understand.... These come complete with awesome bird sounds when you brake, zero modulation, minimal stopping power, AND a desire (or necessity) to be readjusted before, during, and after every ride, so that should make them worth even more than a new set. Or at least that makes sense in my mind. I figure that anyone that actually goes out and buys a set of avids is actually looking for all those things (noisy crappy brakes that require frequent TLC), so a set that's guaranteed to meet those expectations should be worth more than a new set.

MMM .... no takers on the Shimano everyone must love there Avid ..... :clap:

Hi, is there anyone that could please help I need to replace my rear brake line on a Avid XX rear caliper. I have attached a picture of a XO caliper my hose line looks the same. What year model would that be?

Thanks

post-47435-0-63894200-1381362698_thumb.jpg

Archived