Tattoos

chris_w_65

A little curiosity around SA pricing on tattoos. What seems to be the going rate per hour for full colour work? Working on a design at the moment that I want to get around December / January.

You can budget anything between R750 up to R1500 per hour - Depending on the tattooist, shop location and where you want the tattoo. I'm going for two different tattoos by two different artists in the next two weeks. One guy charge me R750/hour( 4hour sitting) and the other guys are R1000/ hour(4 hour sitting) Edited by Caerus

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damned .... sounds like a rather profitable business to be in, but then again the artist is also not working a full day everyday of the week either, so the rate has to also cover the "slow" times!

Ink is expensive as well, and so are the chairs and tables they use(depending on the artist that is)

You can budget anything between R750 up to R1500 per hour - Depending on the tattooist, shop location and where you want the tattoo. I'm going for two different tattoos by two different artists in the next two weeks. One guy charge me R750/hour( 4hour sitting) and the other guys are R1000/ hour(4 hour sitting)

Thanks. Im in for at least 30 hours with the design I have planned. Will split it over 12 months or so ease the pain.

Thanks. Im in for at least 30 hours with the design I have planned. Will split it over 12 months or so ease the pain.

I think a piece like that you should get a quote on the piece rather then an hourly rate - Speak to the tattooist. What you getting?

I think a piece like that you should get a quote on the piece rather then an hourly rate - Speak to the tattooist. What you getting?

Good plan. It's a Koi / Phoenix piece in full colour. Traditional Japanes style design. From elbow up and onto my chest and back.

Good plan. It's a Koi / Phoenix piece in full colour. Traditional Japanes style design. From elbow up and onto my chest and back.

You really need to get that done the old school traditional method, bamboo stick :thumbup: Yakuza style

Scott you the man so far with the best pics.

But guys please lets keep this thread clean so it doesn't get banned, deleted, hijacked or ripped by the morals brigade!!

Chicks with tats rule!

Remember the second piece my wife got, roses up the calf depicting family with falling petals depicting family members we have lost. Such powerful meaning to it but it is soooo friggin sexy!

Scott you the man so far with the best pics.

But guys please lets keep this thread clean so it doesn't get banned, deleted, hijacked or ripped by the morals brigade!!

Chicks with tats rule!

Remember the second piece my wife got, roses up the calf depicting family with falling petals depicting family members we have lost. Such powerful meaning to it but it is soooo friggin sexy!

Pics or it didnt happen

I would do this

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/dar-days-110.jpg?w=500&h=500

I wouldn't