Iwan Kemp

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second...

Is that because I started my begging just after christmas or did somebody get in there even earlier lol

Is that because I started my begging just after christmas or did somebody get in there even earlier lol

I'm not one to brag, but it would only be fair to say I was her first.

So you are the warm up act?

LOL!!! Fair point. That makes me the rebound guy. Something I'm not exactly displeased with, 'cos that means she'll be keen for a bit of rough-housing... ;)

LOL!!! Fair point. That makes me the rebound guy. Something I'm not exactly displeased with, 'cos that means she'll be keen for a bit of rough-housing... ;)

Sorry mate too late I had already had a quickie with her...

And with that the threads descent into madness is complete.

With all this (below the belt) chatter about the bird, I think it's only fair for her to show her face butt here...

post-1575-0-05362500-1401427304_thumb.jpg

Now let's get back on the Vipa topic.

My new bike. Took her out on the weekend. Still looking for a name, MG for Maggie Grace.

post-53811-0-15681100-1401721309_thumb.jpg

post-53811-0-22533900-1401721329_thumb.jpg

post-53811-0-96141500-1401721345_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My new bike. Took her out on the weekend. Still looking for a name, MG for Maggie Grace.

Early thoughts on the bike you'd like to share? More pics? MORE PICS!

Did around 220km in three rides, from district roads, small tar stretches, skills courses and our own "Attie-se-kwas" fit in to our weekend rides. The Vipa is awesome! First impressions, a good quality build, it feels more complete/together than my old 26 Sworks.

Accelerate fast, really fast. Impressed with the whole layout of bike and attention to detail!

Busy getting my shocks dailled how I like, no need for lockout rear!!! Feel suspension design is superior to my old Spez, just feels together. Opened it up on one rocky descent, awesome.

Still getting used to the 29er in techical bits, turning circle the problem,only bad, but no fault of the bike.

We build our own tracks, still learning, not so nice flowing and smooth like yours in Cape Town....

Looking to change front tire, do not have the confidence to go into a corner, like with my Mountain King.

Only have stills before our first ride. Will take more pics on route next time.

@DJuice

I'm impressed with 220km in just 3 rides, you have "new bike fever" in a big way! :thumbup:

Racing Ralphs require "faith" if you want to throw them into a corner! ;)

DJR not so much new bike fever,than playing catchup after sabbatical. Training during week difficult, overloading on weekends...hope all the years of training counts for something. Entered for Dr Evil,currently partner kills me.

Vipa best decision!!!

Quick recap: made a come back after two years of no activity...scene moved on with 29.

I was strugling to keep up with my,way back then top of the range bike.

Time for new bike, it was between Spez Epic comp carbon, Momsen Vipa and Cube AMS 100 super race.

Was looking for something different and new, Momsen or Cube, but then went back to what I knew...did not get the services I was expecting from a concept store, my mind was made up!

With the help of hubbers, I decided on the Vipa!

More photos before our first ride, she is still unnamed...

Still used to having to use small bottles to fit on frame,no need anymore.

Dropped the stem a bit more from this pics, when position is fixed, will chop off steerer.

Satisfied with the build, only upgrade looking for Truvativ Nior 40 carbon seatpost, currently standing on 12.08kg ready to ride,after steerer cut hoping for below 12kg.

Could easily drop more weight with Crest Ti, XO cranks, but outside my budget, really satisfied with my Vipa!

And yes she is hot!!

post-53811-0-78980000-1402557562_thumb.jpg

post-53811-0-92674400-1402557584_thumb.jpg

post-53811-0-01360400-1402557668_thumb.jpg

Archived