Iwan Kemp

Glad to hear you're happy.

...Satisfied with the build, only upgrade looking for Truvativ Nior 40 carbon seatpost, ...

I have one for you. :ph34r:

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I test rode a Vipa yesterday. It was built in its kit outfit - XT, Ritchey Comp contacts bits and pieces and Fox front and back.

I can't say I was overly impressed with the Fox Evolution CTD in front. It felt stiff/sticky. One could feel friction when standing next to the bike and compressing the fork. This being said, this was the only part of the bike that stopped me from buying it right then and there. It just didn't feel anything close to my Reba DA.

So a question. Who has the Vipa in its kit? Does the fork get better? I was thinking it's just because it needs to be run in and it did seem to get better while turning that baby into a second hand bike (I rode it for quite a while).

Hey Ross,

It does get better, but the quickest way to get it where it should be will be to have it tuned or just go with a Rock Shox from the off.

It does get better, but the quickest way to get it where it should be will be to have it tuned or just go with a Rock Shox from the off.

Yep, Fox Evolution-series forks suck. Badly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived