Iwan Kemp

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have preferred all alloy, rear triangle in carbon put me off and I was really keen and holding out for this.

I have heard prices from R29K all the way toR45K depending on spec with the all carbon vipa's price going upto just under or over R60K.

Not fact, just rumours I have heard floating around.

Was looking forward to the 2015 launch.

Like the team issue!! Considering breaking the bank for one!

If the AC is priced well, it will sell like hot cakes, R35 000 would be good value.

Not to impressed with the ITB, they could have moved the bottle cage in front triangle forward, and placed a box underneath.

The rear lock out cable is to much, would infuse lock out and front derailer cable till where it needs to split.

I would make the Downer stem and handlebar standard on all bikes, will bring value and presence to the bike.

I love my Vipa!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Need Vipa owners advise please.

My beloved Vipa has an irritating rattle.

I ask the bike shop to check, headset, saddle rails,seat post, handlebar and stem.

Went for a ride this afternoon and still there, it sounds if it is coming from the front triangle region.

Perhaps it can be the cable connectors?

All advise will be appreciated.

Been on the Vipa a few months now and enjoying every ride! The frame handles all terain with a breeze and is more enough of a bike for my skill level.

Biggest let down on the bike is the Avid Elixir 5 brakes...did not do my homework on them.

Vipas been breading in my town, three now!

Hope to se more at Dr Evil

Momsen VIPA Team Issue – The Bike

http://derestricted.com/psp-photo/momsen-vipa-team-issue-the-bike

"What do they say about 2 wheels moving your soul? Well, I could agree with that, and this thing moves you fast! It’s an absolute blast to ride. My wife thinks I am in love with the bike and I think she may just be right!!"

http://derestricted.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/momsen-vipa-review-02.jpg

I ask the bike shop to check, headset, saddle rails,seat post, handlebar and stem.

Went for a ride this afternoon and still there, it sounds if it is coming from the front triangle region.

Going out on a limb here, but could be outers / hoses against the top tube, outers / hoses not running tight enough under top tube / bb area and the extra play letting it slap against the frame when you're over or through rough terrain, outers / hoses slapping against each other in all the loops the loops in front of the heat tube...hmmm....maybe the stealth port is loose.

Or your teeth from all the extra speed you're carrying through the rough! 

Question to those in the know. If one buys a Vipa frame only, does it come with a rear shock included?

Frame, shock, rear maxle, hard copy manual.

Question to those in the know. If one buys a Vipa frame only, does it come with a rear shock included?

When I got my Vipa Frame it came with nothing. Built it up from scratch so no shock or no maxle.  

Going out on a limb here, but could be outers / hoses against the top tube, outers / hoses not running tight enough under top tube / bb area and the extra play letting it slap against the frame when you're over or through rough terrain, outers / hoses slapping against each other in all the loops the loops in front of the heat tube...hmmm....maybe the stealth port is loose.

Or your teeth from all the extra speed you're carrying through the rough! 

Been on the Vipa a few months now and enjoying every ride! The frame handles all terain with a breeze and is more enough of a bike for my skill level.

Biggest let down on the bike is the Avid Elixir 5 brakes...did not do my homework on them.

Vipas been breading in my town, three now!

Hope to se more at Dr Evil

Im with Iwan on this one. This was a problem on my hardtail and the outer cables was  the reason for this.

Ps. Get rid of the Avid brakes ASAP and get XT shimano. 

It's because you need more travel.

Vipa's are now Eduro/Trail bikes, so you need to change it to a 130-150mm Fork to make the rattle go away.

Thanks for all the advice, it was the cables!!!

The V, you should have seen the Vipa at Dr Evil going downhill!!!

Hi

New Vipa, 12hrs old

Anybody know why she creaks from what I think it the back end? Primarily when in power/pressure. Have never had a frame creak like this before.

Archived