2013 Road World Champs

igknot

@'Dale...that crash of Uran was bad! I felt so bad for him, not only because he was out of the race, but mainly because that must have really hurt!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@'Dale...that crash of Uran was bad! I felt so bad for him, not only because he was out of the race, but mainly because that must have really hurt!

Definitely.

It looked pretty ow!

They still look less than impressed. ;)

Team Spain had the numbers and couldn't make it count.

Somehow Costa outsmarted them.

Wheelsucker of the day award.......oh I mean world champ

Races are won by exploiting the slipstream of others.

Heehee

Edited by ' Dale

Team Belguim completely missed that plot. They should have known that the teams with the top climbers would attack on the climbs close to the end. Sagan did good to be there in the end but that course never really suited him with two tough climbs close to the finish. This course was tailor made for Team Italia and they failed in the end.

Ja, I was not impressed by Costa'a win but JRod should have known he did not have the same sprinting speed as Costa, so he should have pushed himself into the red when he had the 10 sec advantage. I just do not understand why he slowed down before the finish.

Eish that was one trough race .... serias attrition rate.

Big up to the pora, he has been doing well these past few years. Tenacious, cunning and power when it counts.

Think I will go have an espetada and a jug of catemba to celebrate.

JRod has every right to miff, with himself. He stuffed that up. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Must have studied SA cricket.

I admit to being disappointed, I've always liked JRod but Costa won that fair and square. Of course there is wheel sucking. It's not a TT.

Interesting to note that Horner, who completely thrashed Nibali, JRod and Valverde a week ago, was nowhere today.

Reckon Jrod asked Costa if he is not missing he's Cafe shift!

Not a deserved world champ

He won a grueling race in terrible conditions, fair and square. In what way is not deserving of the title? Please clarify.

Costa is a worthy champion.

I spotted his two exceptional stage wins in TdF and thought he as special.

One victory was in serious rain.

He was tactically smart on a gruesome day for racing and had the legs to pursue and out sprint a lethal J Rod.

GO COSTA