Berg and Bush 2013

Ratty

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the competitors have to purchase those tops or are they part of the entrance fee ?

Usually part of the entrance fee - so in your goodie bag.

Bike dialed

Dropper post working schweet

GoPro mounted

Fork repaired

Spares packed

Sponsered Kit cleaned, ironed & packed - Thanx PLUMBLINK

Flu under control.....after all the meds the doc prescribed.....if you see some oke being chased by guys in white coats with little bottles, that could be me :eek:

Energy bars and drinks packed

We leave 11:00am tomorrow.

this gonna be a jol of note :clap:

Good luck to everyone riding :thumbup:

Bike dialed

Dropper post working schweet

GoPro mounted

Fork repaired

Spares packed

Sponsered Kit cleaned, ironed & packed - Thanx PLUMBLINK

Flu under control.....after all the meds the doc prescribed.....if you see some oke being chased by guys in white coats with little bottles, that could be me :eek:

Energy bars and drinks packed

We leave 11:00am tomorrow.

this gonna be a jol of note :clap:

Good luck to everyone riding :thumbup:

You iron your lycra??? OCD much? Enjoy the ride..

To those doing the descent (mind you I think start time was at 6am) enjoy..

Aaaah 1 week before I make my way down that way.. Can't wait!

To those doing the descent (mind you I think start time was at 6am) enjoy..

Aaaah 1 week before I make my way down that way.. Can't wait!

+2 (and the OH)

I saw my buddy's Garmin

He started at 7.40 and it shows for about three hours in some parts it was 38C to 43C. I was shocked to see this. He told me it was his worst day on a bike. Should the race not be called off?

I told that over 100 did not finish the first day and day two was reduced to 38km due to the heat and a bit of wind. I also told that there 60 suffering from heat stock.

Is this fun a MTB ing ? Can any one shed light on this.

My suggestion , first group start at the crack of dawn, making the middle and and back groups rinding at a reasonable time of day.

I saw my buddy's Garmin

He started at 7.40 and it shows for about three hours in some parts it was 38C to 43C. I was shocked to see this. He told me it was his worst day on a bike. Should the race not be called off?

I told that over 100 did not finish the first day and day two was reduced to 38km due to the heat and a bit of wind. I also told that there 60 suffering from heat stock.

My suggestion , first group start at the crack of dawn, making the middle and and back groups rinding at a reasonable time of day.

no..its all about learning to deal with the heat. I recall a hill2hill about 4 years ago where we had similar conditions. I did not take in enough fluids nor eat properly. I was spent, and finishing the ride was painful..could barely walk the hills, let alone ride them...anyway..from that i learnt...next year we had the same conditions but I knew how to deal with it....Berg and Bush there is enough water about to continually keep your core temperature down, so riders should be able to manage it...regardless of it being an uncomfortable day...this is Africa..it gets hot

Agreed

Still think first group should ride as the first light.

Lost of sun block , hydration and fastbait but then again some common sense should prevail.

Rinding must be fun, if some one wants to show how strong you are do the 2500 km race across SA.

Was hot, but u had plenty of water along the way. Much more of a technical ride compared to Sani...bought land many times, missing skin on my left side to prove it.

It was certainly hot and windy - I really, really battled on Friday. But - the water tables were very well stocked and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Will be back in 2014!

I saw my buddy's Garmin

Haha... A bit of wind?!

Seriously dude... We live in Africa...

Organisers have a fine line to tread... People have paid to cycle... Safety comes first, hence cancelling the boat crossing... If it was too hot... Your mate coulda stopped at any time... No-one forced him to ride...