[Event] Spur MTB Classic

Dirtopia MTB Events

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a freakn awesome race!! Well marked, lekke and tuff!! Felt strong today and just had so much fun! 3h27min for the 57km, happy place!

Like the way the race was set out. even though I started at the back i didnt have too much of a problem to pass the slower guys and all the singletrack was at the end so I could enjoy that thouroughly.

Didnt have the nuts for the 57, so settled for 38. Some serious chain sucker mud patches but course looked in fine shape after all the rain last few weeks. There was a bit of a issue at 29km mark, route markers were basically non existing, one black arrow to left and from there..... We couldn't find much or to deliriously tired to see anything! :) I'll be back next year for sure, 57 is wicking.

Actually a great real time timing solution, as the guys tag in at the finish, their names and times show immediately

The results seem a bit off, cant remember my exact time but def 10-20 min faster than whats on the website. Anyone ele having the same experience?

Went well.. Had a bad patch from 37 - 41km on the very loose gravel climbs. Kept spinning out. Other than that is was super fun.

The bike is being stripped down for a serious once over!

Top 100 on a rigid SS.. I'm happy with that.

Did anyone else find that we joined the 37km guys at odd times so those riding a sub 4 were having to pick their way through the very back markers on the single track?

Cant really be avoided but it was a bit of a downer because that would have been FUN without the traffic!

1 real gripe is the amount of goo and fuel packets just carelessly discarded by the front runners. Why litter? Why not just put it back in your pocket. The shirt is going to get washed anyway.... (hopefully!) Pretty disgraceful by the guys who are meant to be role models for the youngsters.... They need to have their noses rubbed in their litter and spanked I tell you!

Moment of the race for me - as some of us doing the long distance cought up with the backmarkers of the shorter routes near the end of the race, we were led gingerly into a section of singletrack by a sloooow oke in a yellow jersey, he was doing about 7km/h with about 7 people sitting on his tail, it was obvious he was not going to pull over to let the faster riders pass. However about halfway into the single track he just toppled over and fell off the singletrack (was going too slow to get hurt), which allowed us to get past. Just when we were beyond hearing distance someone dryly remarked - "I've never been so glad to see someone fall off his bike!"