Garfield2010

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Andreas Raelert

2. Luke Mckenzie

3. Craig Alexander (at 40 it would be great to stick it to the youngsters)

4. Timo Bracht

5. Jordan Rapp (Sentimental Favourite)

1. Kienle

2. Van Lierde

3. Jacobs

4. Llanos

5. Cunnama

I would love to see Craig Alexander in the top 5, but I had to be patriotic.

We should have a competition.

Who ever chooses the most right in terms of the top 5 wins something.... now we need a sponsor... Can someone sponsor a hamper or something please???

Here is how it will work. For every name you choose you get one point. However if you choose the person in a correct position as well then you get a bonus point....

So if you choose the correct winner then you get 2 points. So you can end on 10 points maximum

You will not be allowed to edit your post for obvious reasons...

My top 5:-

1. Frederik van Lierde

2. Sebastian Kienle

3. Pete Jacobs

4. Timo Bracht

5. James Cunnama

Ok results are

1. Frederik Van Lierde (BEL) 00:51:02, 4:25:37, 2:51:18, 8:12:29

2. Luke McKenzie (AUS) 00:51:17, 4:22:27, 2:57:20, 8:15:19

3. Sebastian Kienle (GER) 00:54:13, 4:22:35, 2:58:38, 8:19:24

4. James Cunnama (RSA) 00:51:13, 4:34:22, 2:52:39, 8:21:46

5. Tim O'Donnell (USA) 00:51:04, 4:35:39, 2:51:07, 8:22:25

So I end on 2 + 1 + 1 = 4

Sticking to my post in the other thread:

1. van Lierde

2. Pete Jacobs

3. Raelert

4. Crowie

5. Cunnama

Ok results are

1. Frederik Van Lierde (BEL) 00:51:02, 4:25:37, 2:51:18, 8:12:29

2. Luke McKenzie (AUS) 00:51:17, 4:22:27, 2:57:20, 8:15:19

3. Sebastian Kienle (GER) 00:54:13, 4:22:35, 2:58:38, 8:19:24

4. James Cunnama (RSA) 00:51:13, 4:34:22, 2:52:39, 8:21:46

5. Tim O'Donnell (USA) 00:51:04, 4:35:39, 2:51:07, 8:22:25

So I end on 2 + 1 + 1 = 4

I end on 2 + 1 = 3

Happy to see James in top 5

Swiss on 4 as well

Travis on 3

ADe on 3

Ostrich on 2

Wheelsuck on 2

Andy on 2

Royhan on 1

JGR on 2

Ironman GP on 3

Gadget on 1

Sluiper on 1

Shebeen on 2

Monkey on 2

Svan on 0

Dracs on 3

Hiya

Anyones thoughts on the race.

I sat up till past 2, watching the race, and I tell you the womans race was so much more entertaining.

In one of the interviews given by Crowie. He made mention of something of in the lines of "Kona'ed out". (I.e from the years same racing). And I think after this race you could see some were "Kona'ed out".

At the end, for me personally, I was a little saddened by the performance of the seasoned veterans, and im left thinking the championships was nothing more than sponsorship responsibility.

Don't get me wrong Van Lierde was brilliant, but he was not under any pressure or threatened.

Rinna on the other hand, you could see *wanted* that win.

May be im looking for that 'Iron War'. (e.g. Dave vs Mark, Macca vs Realert).

Any way, just me 2c.

:)

Edited by bclark

Hiya

I sat up till past 2, watching the race, and I tell you the womans race was so much more entertaining.

In one of the interviews given by Crowie. He made mention of something of in the lines of "Kona'ed out". (I.e from the years same racing). And I think after this race you could see some were "Kona'ed out".

At the end, for me personally, I was a little saddened by the performance of the seasoned veterans, and im left thinking the championships was nothing more than sponsorship responsibility.

Don't get me wrong Van Lierde was brilliant, but he was not under any pressure or threatened.

Any way, just me 2c.

Half way through the bike it looked like there could have been a lot of winners (that when I went to bed)

Performance of the day - Kyle Buckingham 16th overall - 6mins ahead of Craig Alexander. Not to bad for an age grouper

Hiya

Any way, just me 2c.

Ok here are some of my thoughts.......

Crowie and Jacobs.... they where injured beforehand, couldn't train as well and I think they knew they didn't really have a good chance... hence they went out hard on the bike mainly for 2 reasons... 1. They hoped to break the field apart giving them a better option to do well later on and 2. to get airtime for their sponsors and themselves and I assume they got that.

In a way its sad as when the ESPN documentary will be aired in a few months time they will get plenty of attention but a guy like Cunnama will probably get none........

Last year Vanhoenacker got 70% of the air time whilst Tissink (who ended top 10 again) had zero airtime once again.

In Kona the strong and lean runners normally win. Van Lierde probably could have ran even harder. But when you lead you rather preserve and win the race instead of risking blowing up going for records...

Next year I think Kienle and Cunnama will be the guys to beat. What an incredible swim by James!!! He used to start 3 - 5 minutes back in the past after the swim... Maybe Andy Potts pulling out (and the good conditions) helped him as the pace was not that fast.