No Sportsman of the Year nomination for Impey or Minnaar.

Squier

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek het 'n korrel op die bull bar vasgemaak en jy gaan erens voor my oor die straat stap!!!!!!!!

Dis reg oom. :thumbup:

menchez should've been there, ie louis meintjies.

silver in world champs. surely.

How could we forgotten him!!

RudoJ, I get what you are saying. However I believe any athlete worth their salt would welcome the acknowledgement and recognition from their own country and people. From hosting an amazing World Champs in Maritzburg whether you were there or glued to the TV, this is piss poor that Greg and Daryl receive squat.

You're right in a way as well :thumbup:

But I also look at it this way. I do my job for myself alone...if I do good, I'm happy, should I get some form of recognition at work, that's great, but the intrinsic satisfaction gained from performing at my best and being successful is more than enough reward. Same for these guys.

Glad we all agree that its piss poor that they receive squat....a lot needs to change before our country's sport starts really begin to shine on all levels. Not being recognized for your achievements is but one of many symptoms of a sick and poorly managed sport environment.

Prize money for Sportsman of the year is R 1 million of which you have to donate 500 000 to a sporting charity, and a brand new car.

Rouxtjie, is jy nie nou besig om die bul by die ballas te pak nie? :w00t:

Ek is...maar oom H weet ek roer net die pot n bietjie. :ph34r:

Prize money for Sportsman of the year is R 1 million of which you have to donate 500 000 to a sporting charity, and a brand new car.

The rich will get richer......swak swak swak.

"South Africa’s 2013 Best of the Best have been revealed. Announced at a LIVE recording of the Morning LIVE The New Age Business Breakfast held at the Gallagher Estates in Midrand"

The clouds of Gupta Inc. influence hangs heavy over the South African landscape....

"South Africa’s 2013 Best of the Best have been revealed. Announced at a LIVE recording of the Morning LIVE The New Age Business Breakfast held at the Gallagher Estates in Midrand"

The clouds of Gupta Inc. influence hangs heavy over the South African landscape....

If there was a category for best sports venue, the soccer field that was built at Nkandla would be in the running.

If there was a category for best sports venue, the soccer field that was built at Nkandla would be in the running.

Genuine ? Have we built a soccer field as well ?

Edited by eddy

Genuine ? Have we built a soccer field as well ?

Apparently, the soccer fields and tennis courts were supposed to be built 7 kays away from the compound, but somehow were relocated to a site adjacent to Nkandla.

It's a true shame that the budget for these Sports Awards is R65mil...

R65 million could have been used to provide:

• 86 multi-purpose sports fields at R750,000 each

• 3,250 swimming pools at R20,000 each

• 11 rugby fields at R5.5 million

• 13 soccer fields at R5 million each

• 1,625,000 soccer balls at R40 each

• Support to 541 Mass Participation, Opportunity and Access, Development and Growth (MOD) centres at R120,000 per annum each.

http://www.da.org.za/newsroom.htm?action=view-news-item&id=12261