[Event] 24 Hours Of Oak Valley

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: 24 Hours Of Oak Valley
When: 1 February 2014 - 2 February 2014
Where: Oak valley Estate, Elgin Valley, Grabouw, Western, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Cape's only 24hour mountain bike relay is still a favourite!

Dirtopia has organized fifteen 24Hour MTB events since 2003 and in 2014 the event will take place during the first weekend of February. This camping event is very popular as it is a big social gathering in the beginning of the year.

Event: 24 Hours of Oak Valley - a team relay

Dates: Saturday 1 February (12h00) - Sunday 2 February (12h00)

Mountain Bike Team Relay

Venue: Oak valley Estate, Elgin Valley, Grabouw, Western Cape

Format: Ride as many 10km laps as you want or can over 24hours

Trail will keep participants busy with singletrack & jeeptrack sections.

Entry details: Teams of 4 or fun teams of 5 to 8 riders. Or do it solo!

Cost: From R240, depending on category and date of entry.

Camping & support crew included.

This event takes pre-entries only so make sure you gather your team in time.

For more information & entries visit www.dirtopia.co.za

Or email theteam@dirtopia.co.za or call 021-8844752

Go to Event Page

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I am planning to do this as a social team with my usual Sani / W2W / DC partner and our respective youngsters (3 boys, ranging in age from 13 -14), but the entry (R2352 for the team) is quite steep. I know it is all inclusive (camping and the works), but want some confirmation, preferably from someone who did this with youngsters, that it is as great an event as people say it is. The idea is to do a relaxed and fun camping / riding / social outing rather than a race. I've done several Dirtopia Festivals with the boys in the past and they have always enjoyed that.

The 24 is a great event and really hinges on what you make of it....If you want fun then have fun....If you want to go race snake then go race snake!

There is a great dam to go swimming in and the campsite is decent. A little short on shade so bring what shade you can in the form of gazebos etc.

Should you want to go out to eat vs campsite food grabouw is a few moments away and there will also be some food and drinks for sale on the site.

Don't know how old your kids are but there are usually enough youngsters around to play together.

Will get my entry in next week

Arrgh! Was trying to organise a bunch of mates to enter a fun team, but we have to move office premises over that weekend! :cursing:

I have entered. Riding solo. Cant wait!!

Keeping your W2W results in mind, do you want to race my team of 5? ;)

Unfortunately cannot compete this year coz same weekend as my wedding anniversary. So going by the last 2 years, Dane will take 1st, 2nd is open now but I'm sure Lance will step into that position. This obviously sooo cat.

Unfortunately cannot compete this year coz same weekend as my wedding anniversary. So going by the last 2 years, Dane will take 1st, 2nd is open now but I'm sure Lance will step into that position. This obviously sooo cat.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Hentus - I love the vote of confidence, but I'm getting old and slowly falling to pieces. Going with the idea of having fun and will see what happens. Even bringing the singlespeed along for some late night knee crunching fun.

I see there are over 100 solo riders and 35 teams - this is like the old days. Should be loads of fun.