94.7 Re-Seeding Fiasco

clivem

I have been involved in more than four re-seeding requests with the race office this year. Each is merited based on the fact that the 94.7 seeding doesn't recognize races not on their list, such as Dome to Dome, Engen Series, etc. All re-seedings have now been approved after their verification of results.

Seems however that there is no consistency in the treatment of each case. In some cases they demanded the R150 fee to re-seed but in others not.

Just got off the phone to them. Wow. I kind of thought I was a client? Apparently not. Has this event lost its last bit of sparkle? Is it now only about the money? My experience shows that its just like a government department now. Rather unprofessional I'd say.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so where are you currently seeded and where do you want to be reseeded?

how many people ride the race 30K odd? if a third want reseeding, it will be a mammoth task, I do not envy them and would also be in a bad mood ;-)

One of my colleagues bought himself a MTB bike last month, has never raced any cycling races and is seeded in W. Scratching my head how they placed him there.

One of my colleagues bought himself a MTB bike last month, has never raced any cycling races and is seeded in W. Scratching my head how they placed him there.

He might share a name with a decent rider, a mix-up like that happened to a buddy of mine at the Argus, got a seeding way above his actual abilities.

Did he not maybe dropped YOUR name ?

so where are you currently seeded and where do you want to be reseeded?

how many people ride the race 30K odd? if a third want reseeding, it will be a mammoth task, I do not envy them and would also be in a bad mood ;-)

Common sense would say that if they took all races using the racetec chip into account there wouldn't be a need for re-seeding! If your one-third were all re-seeded @R150 then that's a lot of dosh created for someone. the R150 is over and above the R300 odd entry fee... :eek:

Common sense would say that if they took all races using the racetec chip into account there wouldn't be a need for re-seeding! If your one-third were all re-seeded @R150 then that's a lot of dosh created for someone. the R150 is over and above the R300 odd entry fee... :eek:

This is the problem with organisers these days. The numbers game means lots of income and then they try maximise it with issues like these (or selling extra items at exorbitant prices....).

Having more than one seeding system also does not help, but as mentioned by the OP how difficult is it to look up racetec results, or to handle queries consistently and professionally.

Edited by slabs

I think the R150 is to discourage people from trying to reseed. if they made it free, EVERYONE outside VA,VB etc would ask for a reseed...

I think the R150 is to discourage people from trying to reseed. if they made it free, EVERYONE outside VA,VB etc would ask for a reseed...

OK, but what about when mistakes are made by the organisers and they do not own up to it?

if its any consolation, I havent even received my seeding yet, a week after they started being emailed.

i checked for YOU,YOU IN

A

B

C

D

E

F

CHOOSE ONE EVERYONE ELSE WANTS TO

take your seeding like men YOU bunch oF GIRLS

Hey, here's a though.

Suck my knob, my door knob and do it in winter so that your foul tongue can get stuck to it.

http://narwhaler.com/original/qm/k/tongue-stuck-to-metal-pole-dumb-dumber-qMkKjR.jpg

take your seeding like men YOU bunch oF GIRLS

says the only man who is happy with his seeding.