Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

I would much rather live back in the apartheid era.

Can do without this buch of na..ers they call government?

Wot exactly did they do for this country?....... Sweet fukall

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Duffster

Think you missing what I'm saying.

Firstly fantastic on getting attention to whats been happening, the news media etc.

What I think is also needed is not just attention to what happened, but attention to the polices inability to do anything.

G

Awesme, that's all I've been doing. I've been on Highveld stereo, 702 Talk radio, on the front cover of the Pretoria News today, inside the Beeld newspaper today, on various news websites and it will be in the Rekord on Tuesday. I've been doing nothing but trying to get the awareness of these incidents out there since it happened.

The only way to solve this is with the help of the community members in the squatter camp. I would not count on any long term help from the police.

They, the community, dish out street justice and bypass the police. Nothing will drive the fear home more than 50 + people beating the **** out of you. I have even seen them beat a guy once that when they started he was fully clothed and when they were done all he had on was his underpants.

The idea of rewards as an incentive is also good.

Knowing these buggers they will probably have a network going where they pinch bikes and then give the same bikes back for the reward.

Guys. Any policeman can arrest a criminal, even the guys at Head Office. Druffster being sent from pillar to post is a travesty of justice. It is bull**** that attempted murder must occur more than once for it to become a priority. SAPS Head Office should intervene in this instance as a matter of urgency, because not only did their spokesperson, Millar, misrepresent their knowledge of the incidents,he also failed to give any form of workable measure to be taken in this regard. If Genl Munnoo can investigate crimes like Oscar Pistorius's, that occurred in the Boschkop area, he can investigate this as well. I sent a hell o a lot of messages and emails in this regard. I, for one will not back down until my cycling route is safe again. In the meantime, I will not be discouraged or intimidated by officialdom and criminals alike.

I suggested in the other forum related to this, that we get together to work out a plan to insure the safety of our routes.

Rewards should be for people handed over to the Police WITH the stolen bike. I will donate to the reward but sadly cannot offer time or admin skills.

Related to my earlier posts on this topic, check out www.carboncombat.org

Contact Idan via the Facebook link (His self defense training is MUCH better than his HTML skills!)

Even if you don't wish to fight back, this will teach you survival as well.

I know we are all baying for blood, but I think it is best to use the peoples to sort out the peoples. I will be happy to donate a few K towards a reward for the arrest of these pigs. I think one can easily buy the attention of squatters. Who can administrate this? Michael if I remember correctly you are taller than me (1.78) but I have a Carbon Scott Pro hardtail 29 with 1x11 that you can borrow until you get sorted (if your health allows).

Thanks a mil! I am riding my KTM at the moment...started riding today again..just sore arm...will manage.

Thanks a mil! I am riding my KTM at the moment...started riding today again..just sore arm...will manage.

Slightly off topic here but did you run many moons back?

Gummi

It was in one of the posts or news paper articles, yes he did,

G

The only way to solve this is with the help of the community members in the squatter camp. I would not count on any long term help from the police.

They, the community, dish out street justice and bypass the police. Nothing will drive the fear home more than 50 + people beating the **** out of you. I have even seen them beat a guy once that when they started he was fully clothed and when they were done all he had on was his underpants.

The idea of rewards as an incentive is also good.

Knowing these buggers they will probably have a network going where they pinch bikes and then give the same bikes back for the reward.

and that same network will kill you if you go bush wacking at them. think logical. putting your life and your family in danger for simple revenge is not a smart.

Yes in the '80s and '90s. Changed to cycling 2 and half years ago...reason my knees started giving problems...less impact!

I was just reading about some cyclist discussing techniques on disarming the mugger. From my experience on Monday I can just comment that you will have no time to think about disarming anyone when things are happing in milliseconds....best is to just hope that events play out in your favour.

He is being very coy. I think he won the Harrismith Mountain race something like 10 times...

My wife was in the Pta East Community forum meeting with the Police yesterday. Sorry to say it guys, but a bunch of white cyclists getting robbed of their bicycles (even if it included being shot at or stabbed), is not getting any attention at all. They reckon because the incidents weren't reported there's nothing they can do.....