2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Jens had this to say after yesterdays stage "So that means it is going to be full gas tomorrow as guys try to get in that breakaway. And let me tell you, if my team wants me to go for it, they won’t have to ask me twice!"

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At km 8, we have 6 breakaways, Martin Elmiger (IAM) and Bartosz Huzarski (NetApp) , Alexandre Pichot (Europcar), Matthew Busche (Trek), Nicolas Edet (Cofidis) and Anthony Delaplace (Bretagne). Peloton at 40seconds.

Chris Froome will now target the Vuelta a Espana after crashing out of the Tour de France, his Team Sky manager Dave Brailsford said.

Hope it doesn't rain. He might have to bail again.

New time gap: 2.10 at km 12. Swiss national champion Martin Elmiger of IAM Cycling is the highest ranked of the breakaway riders, 43rd at 9.25 from race leader Vincenzo Nibali.

after 27 km gap is at 4.20

Holey molly the guy's in the break must be going full gas to open a gap that big in that distance with the Peloton averaging 50kph

Holey molly the guy's in the break must be going full gas to open a gap that big in that distance with the Peloton averaging 50kph

After 30km the avg speed has dropped to 46.8km/h , still bloody fast IMHO

Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) calls his team car because of a mechanical. New time gap: 3.55.

Simon Gerrans spoke to letour.fr this morning. On paper, he'd be a hot favorite for today's stage as the two climbs in the last 17km suit him. He knows the côte de Maron since he rode the Tour de France for the first time with AG2R in 2005 but the straight and steep Côte de Boufflers is new to him. However, he was victim of a painful crash caused by Mark Cavendish towards the finish in Harrogate. “I've recovered since the crash but I'm still not at 100% of my capacities”, said the Australian national champion. “I'm getting better each day though. There's still lots of bruising coming out. I must wait and see on the road how I feel today before I know if I can be a contender for today's stage. But my intention is to go for it. In the team, we also have Michael Albasini as a back-up rider in case I can't do it.”

Archived