2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian Guiberteau, directeur sportif of Giant-Shimano, explain the situation of his two German sprinters, John Degenkolb and Marcel Kittel, who aren't up for winning today, for different reasons. Degenkolb has a 2cm muscle thorn in his bum and the finale is too difficult for Kittel. “John isn't feeling well”, the Frenchman revealed. “Yesterday, his morale was still high before the start but he suffered a lot during the race, so the Tour becomes mentally difficult for him. Fortunately, today's stage is quiet for now but he won't recover from this injury anytime soon. This stage was going to be his but it can't be anymore. It's not a goal for Marcel either. That wouldn't be realistic. Considering the difficulty of the finale, we'll see if there's any opportunity for Tom Dumoulin or Koen de Kort. The fatigue in the team was obvious yesterday. Coming into Reims, Albert Timmer went well at a roundabout but the guys got disorganized. Marcel lost his team-mates and gave up when he realized that he wouldn't be able to win. He didn't have any mechanical.”

Alexandre Pichot (Europcar), Matthew Busche (Trek), Nicolas Edet (Cofidis), Martin Elmiger (IAM), Bartosz Huzarski (NetApp) and Anthony Delaplace (Bretagne-Séché) are in the feed zone with an advantage of 2.22 with 127km to go. Cannondale doesn't let them ride far ahead. Peter Sagan's eight team-mates continue to lead the peloton.

Should be at the Tour right now too if you ask me!

On what basis did you draw this conclusion? They hardly set the Tour de Suisse alight. They have their wildcard entry into the Vuelta and we all hope they do well and push for greater Grand Tour presence, but I'm just wondering on what grounds you feel they 'should be at the Tour'.

Breakaway riders Alexandre Pichot (Europcar), Matthew Busche (Trek), Nicolas Edet (Cofidis), Martin Elmiger (IAM), Bartosz Huzarski (NetApp) and Anthony Delaplace (Bretagne-Séché) have covered 41.2km. The average speed so far is 42.2km/h.

Just walked the last 2km's and its scary.Crazy downhill with a few very sharp turns in the City.

Having lunch and watching the team busses arrive in Nancy

post-5455-1405083378,6836.jpgpost-5455-1405083399,8754.jpgpost-5455-1405083418,8418.jpg

i don't like you anymore! mainly due to the view you have compared to my 4 wall prison/office.

lekker gummi, take lots of pics for us mere mortals to drool over :thumbup: :drool: