2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

For some reason, I think Porte should be watched tomorrow.

And Bardet (what I want for my fantasy team)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sagan I think he needs to just stop playing the waiting game.

Yesterday he should have gone when Gallopin attacked again, gone strait over him and put his head down to the finish leaving the others to fight over who is going to chase him down.

As for today, why is he always waiting till the last second (100m to go) to try come over the top and when he does make a move it's a half hearted attempt (now by that I mean he isn't giving 130% like everyone else all the way to the line, you can see it on his face)

I think he needs to take a good hard look at himself and find the Swag and Arrogance he used to have where he would attack before everyone else and leave them in the dust. (Rather make them come over him)

For some reason, I think Porte should be watched tomorrow.

And Bardet (what I want for my fantasy team)

I got a feeling that this will be the best TDF for the Frogs in decades. Poor Frenchies, lord knows they've had a barren spell of things for many, many moons.

But things seems to be on the up for them:

Bryan Coquard has emerged as a new star in the sprints (joining the lighties Arnaud Démare and Nacer Bouhanni as faces of the future)...

Blel Kadri won stage 8 (and took the KOM jersey for a little while)...

Tony Gallopin is the new darling of France with his stage 11 win and holder of maillot jaune for a day...

And now we can look forward to the two white jersey billy goats, Pinot and Bardet, ready to make a real name for themselves in the terrain they love the most. There's a spot on the final podium for at least one of them. Maybe both?

The French are falling all over themselves with excitement about their lads at the moment.

Nibs looks really composed and have been able to match any attack and control the race with his team, I reckon it is his to loose.

I think Valverde will be on the 2nd step, I reckon he has the better team and Porte usually has one REALLY bad day.

However, the Pyrenees is the bigger threat with a couple of monster days and that is only next week with of course the TT to give things a shake-up before Paris.

Viva le Tour!!!

Well that didn't go according to plan for Cannondale and Sagan. What was Kristoff doing in their train? Free ride to the line despite not having a team mate around. I'm also hoping Bardet can make a impression today. I don't think Valverde will be able to go with Nibali & Porte on the steep stuff but we will find out this afternoon. Its getting real :eek:

Greipel didn't look too impressed with Cavanel

Did you hear his monologue with him? Said he leaned on his bars and blamed Chavanel for the crash.

Did you hear his monologue with him? Said he leaned on his bars and blamed Chavanel for the crash.

Oi..

No didn’t hear, just saw some unhappy body language.

Re: Sagan I think he needs to just stop playing the waiting game.

Yesterday he should have gone when Gallopin attacked again, gone strait over him and put his head down to the finish leaving the others to fight over who is going to chase him down.

As for today, why is he always waiting till the last second (100m to go) to try come over the top and when he does make a move it's a half hearted attempt (now by that I mean he isn't giving 130% like everyone else all the way to the line, you can see it on his face)

I think he needs to take a good hard look at himself and find the Swag and Arrogance he used to have where he would attack before everyone else and leave them in the dust. (Rather make them come over him)

All great tactics assuming he has the power to do so, yes he is worshipped by almost everyone, that however doesn't stand to say he can just walk over everyone else, they all have great ability and by the look of things thus far, he is being outpsirinted by stronger and more tactical sprinters.

Greipel didn't look too impressed with Cavanel

He had couple off things to say to him aswell.

Archived