2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Kreuzinger's removal from the TDF, and the questionable manner in which this thing has been handled by the UCI, is sure to set off again all those accusations about favouritism for Sky and Froome.

Accusations that the UCI rushes through TUEs for Froome by bypassing due process, the young Cookson employed by Sky, etc., now compared against Froome's no.1 rival being 'done in' by removing his key lieutenant on the eve of the race. Watch the conspiracy theories fly.

This could have been handled far better. Very bad news for Tinkoff-Saxo. But ironically this controversy is not going to good for Sky either.

I haven't actually had time to see what was the issue with Kreuziger, but I am tending to side with those "theorists" as it just seems theres two sets of rules.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't actually had time to see what was the issue with Kreuziger, but I am tending to side with those "theorists" as it just seems theres two sets of rules.

Read the poor guy's story here.

He's been treated very poorly IMHO, especially when you consider CAFD sat on the independent experts findings for 7 months and did nothing, then sprung a 10 day deadline on him to get further independent evidence in his defense or they'd suspend him. So he goes out and gets more independent expert evidence, showing once again that there's nothing at all wrong with his blood numbers, yet they still drop the axe. I was interested to read this feedback from the 3rd independent expert: "the conclusions of CAFD’s Experts Panel have limited scientific supporting evidence." Just a very diplomatic way of saying that CAFD are clueless (edit: and/or they've got other reasons why they're doing this that have got little to do with following actual evidence).

Would be nice but doubt he would go back to them.

Edit: rode with him at the 94.7 last year and he was very happy where he was

Reinie may well be back. Giant only confirmed sponsorship to end 2014 and Shimano uncertain for next year. I'm hoping that MTN will be World Tour team in 2015.

Would be great if he can join MTN again. Howevr they will not be a worldtour team next year.

IAM first in line to get new Licence for worldtour team.

OK, Ultimate Dream Teams is finally online with the 2014 TDF Fantasy League :clap: .

Click here to sign up and enter your team.

I have also created a mini league for hubbers:

League name: TheHubSA

League code: 18929198107995

NB: This not intended in any way to subvert the Fantasy Comp that geraldm24 has created (I will be entering that one as well). But this is the main national online Fantasy League and just another way for us to get into the mix and enjoy the Tour.

So get signed up and select your team!

Will also be joining the league as I do every year.

That Kreuziger scenario sounds really forked up

Days before the biggest race of em all.

UCI wtf

Bretagne-Seche: Bideau, Delaplace, B. Feillu, R. Feillu, Fonseca, Gerard, Guillou, Jarrier, Vachon.

Europcar: Arashiro, Coquard, Gautier, Gene, Pichot, Quemeneur, Reza, Rolland. Voeckler.

Would be great if he can join MTN again. Howevr they will not be a worldtour team next year.

I agree, I'm a massive fan of MTN Qhubeka and often support the Qhubeka brand but with the performances from IAM this year they have to get a World Tour license!

Saxo: Contador, Rogers, Roche, Majka, Pauhlinho, Hernandez, Morkov, Benatti, Tossato.

Cannondale: Sagan, Bodar, Koren, King, Sabatini, Marino, Marcato, De Marchi, Viviani.

Not so fast, sure that both Cofidis and NetApp had more points that IAM

Not so fast, sure that both Cofidis and NetApp had more points that IAM

PCS rankings have IAM in 18th, Cofidis in 20th, NetApp in 23rd, MTN in 27th.

Archived