2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

I did read in one of these Team Sky reports that he has picked up some sort of lung infection and is really struggling but he wants to finish the Tour so is soldiering on! I don't think this is Richie at his best so we'll have to see what the future brings!

Such a pity that Froome and Berto are out. Would have enjoyed seeing Froome without the support of Porte that he so relies on.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a pity that Froome and Berto are out. Would have enjoyed seeing Froome without the support of Porte that he so relies on.

I think it would have been a nice battle, I said before the tour that i think Nibali would take it, however it would have been nice to see him not run away with it.

Feel sorry for Nibali in that regard, he could win this race by 3 hours and kill the competition but he will always have the comments that Froome and Contador weren't there follow him around

Feel sorry for Nibali in that regard, he could win this race by 3 hours and kill the competition but he will always have the comments that Froome and Contador weren't there follow him around

As much as what that may be, end if the day Nibs stayed on his bike (so far) and Froome and Bert did not. . All part of racing.

One has to question had Froome and Contador not crashed would Nibali be as dominant as he is?

But that doesn't matter, he stayed on his bike and he is and in the best form of his career.

My opinion is Nib's would still be on top but the racing would have been very exciting.

Have to say I am very impressed with Nibali-nobody even close to him. Biggest disappointment has to be Richy Porte. He had the best chance ever to establish himself as a team leader and he has come short big time. Last year while helping Chris Froome I thought Richy was ready for the big time-now I don't know if he is doomed to a life of the super domestique- What do you guys think?

I don't think he was on the same form as last year and this year he was plagued with injuries.

Apparently the route for today's stage is prone to cross winds, especially the last 65km in to the finish. The route profile looks 'easy', but if the top classics teams find decent crosswinds, they will make it a super hard race today.

Remember what happened to Valverde last year...

As much as what that may be, end if the day Nibs stayed on his bike (so far) and Froome and Bert did not. . All part of racing.

I agree with you completely! And if he does win(don't want to speak to soon anything can happen) it means he was the best in all aspects and deserves the win! I just fear that some people may not think about it like that

As far as team performances go, AG2R-La Mondiale is the stand-out team so far in this years tour.

I can only imagine how much better they'd be with a 100% fit and mentally strong Betancur in the team. They would probably have 3 riders in the top 10 on GC.

I agree with you completely! And if he does win(don't want to speak to soon anything can happen) it means he was the best in all aspects and deserves the win! I just fear that some people may not think about it like that

Yip I agree with you..

Look I like Bert and I as many think he was in fantastic form.. as for Froome.. I don't think he was in the form that Nibs and Bert are/were in.. donno why. . Just a thought.

So yes sadly we didn't get the Bert - nibs showdown.. but what we have got is a great battle for the white jersey. As well as a battle for podium and a battle for top 10.

Look at frank Schlek I honestly thought that by now he would've abandoned. . But he is still there. . Yes not challenging for a win but he is there.. fighting it out to maybe get top 10.

Anyone who says that aaargh Nibs has won it it is pointless watching is not paying close enough attention to the other battles going on.

I really have been enjoying it.. I like that they are racing. . I like how Nibs is going out there getting more time on the guys to make sure that bad days and TT losses are perhaps covered. I have missed aggressive riding in the tour.

So to me this tour is awesome... cause anything can happen at any time.

Nibali: "Now I have more physical maturity so the objective next year could be to go for success at the Giro and the Tour."

The man hasnt won the tour yet and already focussing on next year. Not sure if thats ambitious or pretentious

Yip I agree with you..

Look I like Bert and I as many think he was in fantastic form.. as for Froome.. I don't think he was in the form that Nibs and Bert are/were in.. donno why. . Just a thought.

So yes sadly we didn't get the Bert - nibs showdown.. but what we have got is a great battle for the white jersey. As well as a battle for podium and a battle for top 10.

Look at frank Schlek I honestly thought that by now he would've abandoned. . But he is still there. . Yes not challenging for a win but he is there.. fighting it out to maybe get top 10.

Anyone who says that aaargh Nibs has won it it is pointless watching is not paying close enough attention to the other battles going on.

I really have been enjoying it.. I like that they are racing. . I like how Nibs is going out there getting more time on the guys to make sure that bad days and TT losses are perhaps covered. I have missed aggressive riding in the tour.

So to me this tour is awesome... cause anything can happen at any time.

I agree .Predictability sucks .Every day is like a new race .Love it .I have gained much more respect for the different category leaders