2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a stage!!Sad about Froome but he seemed to get himself into bad spots in the bunch this year..not always at the front.

Nibs was amazing and he will be very very hard to beat now..he is one of the best climbers out there and TT is not to bad.He knows how to win Grand tours also and showed at the duaphine he was very close to Conto and Froome so he might just have timed hes form perfectly.

Conto we know will fight so he will make it interesting.

To me the wild cards now are,Talansky and Jurgen...both showed form in the Dauphine and they are riding very good.Then Kwiatkowski might be a surprise for podium.

And then Porte... he can climb with the best and has the best TT of the remaining GC guys...if he does not have a bad day and can be consistent then he can cause problems.

Is that "I didn't" or I couldn't" ......not sure I understand the context of "I didn't".....the question surely is, why not drop down?

This was what he said when interviewed so it looks like he lost gears

"I had blocked gears because they were full of mud and I couldn't not use them so I lost lots of time," he explained

It's a loooong way to Paris...

...and a looooooong time to defend yellow. If he can do it, good on him.

I get the feeling the TT will be decisive, yet again. Contador made life difficult for himself yesterday, losing time to Porte as well. However, going on pre-Tour form, he should be able to make up the time in the mountains as both Porte and Nibali were pretty poor coming into the race. But what if they're not...

Man....what a stage....bigups to astana and nibali. Most exciting stage I have seen in grand tour for a while

To me, a day like this shows again that these guys operate on such a different levell.

Nearly 160km, with 7 sections of cobbles, in the rain, in the cold, with people crashing all over the show, and you still do it in 3 hours and 17 minutes at an average speed of 47km/h.

I cannot begin to fathom how fast that is.

Man....what a stage....bigups to astana and nibali. Most exciting stage I have seen in grand tour for a while

The hardest man in the peleton, Jens, sums it up here:

"I can see why the Tour is tempted by cobbles, because it is always so spectacular. It’s great to watch on television, but that is why I don’t race Paris-Roubaix. I watch it on television."

http://www.bicycling.co.za/race-news/tour-de-france/rider-diaries/jens-blog-tired-angry/

Indeed!

Only watched it this morning. Gosh, how miserable did Sagan look. Big ups to them all.

Archived