2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

did Chris quit because he was too sore to continue, or because he was scared he'd fall again...?

Is that serious question?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It cant be, the question implies "he might fall again". He knew he would. We he was falling over more often than Schalk Burger does.....

It cant be, the question implies "he might fall again". He knew he would. We he was falling over more often than Schalk Burger does.....

post-182-0-18517300-1404989750_thumb.png

Look, wasn't lekker to see the current champ going out like that...I would have preferred it being an attack on the tourmalet(not a froome man myself) but alas....it is what it is....his tour is poer in sy moer.

It was a fair race...conditions were the same for everyone. He probably had no choice to try and stay with the pack with his already injured wrist. Also make no mistake...its by no accident that the pace was that hot. It blew the tour wide open... and we the spectators...are the winners

Or, what's dumb is your understanding of the statement. ......., did Chris quit because he was too sore to continue, or because he was scared he'd fall again...?

My Dumb indeed. Sorry for that, i didn't know you were referring directly to Froomes wrist injury. Thought your reference to Knee and joint pain was a general one, hence my statement that cyclists need to move their muscles (Leg muscles which are connected to knees and joints ) to make their bike bike forward. I highly doubt that a WSBK rider is tested as much as Froome is. Seen as the doctors on the World tour teams generally only give the riders a panado to try help them sleep maybe the riders should start asking for WSBK doctors instead.

Personally i think the idea of all those cobble stones which were waiting for Froome had part to play in his decision, but that's just my opinion. ;)

Look, wasn't lekker to see the current champ going out like that...I would have preferred it being an attack on the tourmalet(not a froome man myself) but alas....it is what it is....his tour is poer in sy moer.

It was a fair race...conditions were the same for everyone. He probably had no choice to try and stay with the pack with his already injured wrist. Also make no mistake...its by no accident that the pace was that hot. It blew the tour wide open... and we the spectators...are the winners

Agreed, this is the first year in a while where I think I might go put some cash on a more random one. all of the sudden guy who were aiming for top5 and top10s are going to crank it up in the hopes for a chance at overall yellow. I would have loved to see Froome vs Contador vs Nibali fair and square up those mountains. BUT this new dynamic is actually making it a bit more exciting. AND its opened the door other to shine. Good example Porte can now show if he can be a leader or not... going to be good few weeks.

It was rhetorical. To be read in conjunction with the 1st part of the paragraph...

Ok, but i still think it falls in the not serious question category

I'm with you MTBaai, haven't seen a cyclist break his collarbone Friday then race on Sunday (Lorenzo) or take 2 only weeks off for a broken leg (Haslam). Closer to home Curtis finished the Dakar with a properly buggered shoulder and Birch with a broken ankle. BUT they don't have to pedal; that is the main difference duh. However I think its down to the individual; both sets of professionals have the ability to suffer.

Personally I think Froome gave in a little easily but he probably knew he'd never be a contender but a domestique for Porte and would suffer the whole tour (although Geraint Thomas suffered with a cracked pelvis last year I think). As to conditions, the link about Wiggins sort of sums it up. Wiggo finished 9th in Paris-Roubaix this year, Froome started once six years ago and didn't finish. Also Wiggo is from middle England, Froome from Kenya and SA. I think I know who probably rode the most in the rain.

Still I feel for Froome and hope Porte can get it together with the team.

I'm with you MTBaai, haven't seen a cyclist break his collarbone Friday then race on Sunday (Lorenzo) or take 2 only weeks off for a broken leg (Haslam).

Didn't Hamilton break his shoulder in a crash and then went on to finish the Giro, in 2nd!!

Plus if a cyclist gets that Pain injection he would most probably be banned as it will have some drug in that is on the list. :thumbup:

Lance would have taken the pain injection and some more . . . . . . won the stage . . . :ph34r:

My Dumb indeed. Sorry for that, i didn't know you were referring directly to Froomes wrist injury. Thought your reference to Knee and joint pain was a general one, hence my statement that cyclists need to move their muscles (Leg muscles which are connected to knees and joints ) to make their bike bike forward. I highly doubt that a WSBK rider is tested as much as Froome is. Seen as the doctors on the World tour teams generally only give the riders a panado to try help them sleep maybe the riders should start asking for WSBK doctors instead.

Personally i think the idea of all those cobble stones which were waiting for Froome had part to play in his decision, but that's just my opinion. ;)

Agreed. He strikes me as being a bit soft. Upsetting as that is for SwissVan in his 'I love you Froomie' underpants to hear... Now Porte, that's a tough SOB...

Maybe Gerraint can give him some HTFU pills from last year, where he rode the entire tour with a cracked hip

My thoughts, although what one has to believe that for Floome it was winning or nothing else.

Like said he might of given in too easy, but if aimed just to finish, he woulda lost how much time? Too much my guess for he's own cred.