CHECK YOUR SEATPOST

BIGMIG

I was recently discharged from hospital after a 2 day stay due to a fall. The bottom line is, I was sitting upright, not holding the bars, on my road bike, when my seat post bolt snapped. My saddle fell off the rails, and I fell directly onto my back wheel between my legs. Be aware, replace your seat post bolts regularly.

I was recently discharged from hospital after a 2 day stay due to a fall. The bottom line is, I was sitting upright, not holding the bars, on my road bike, when my seat post bolt snapped. My saddle fell off the rails, and I fell directly onto my back wheel between my legs. Be aware, replace your seat post bolts regularly.

Eish...eina.....getting goosebumps just thinking about this.

Did you have a 1 or 2 bolt post.

Vettes - no problem, granted probably first question is weight- sure, I'm a 92kg oke. all okay, but 3 months off the bike after ruptured parts.

Eish...eina.....getting goosebumps just thinking about this.

Did you have a 1 or 2 bolt post.

Single bolt post, but was a few years old

Vettes - no problem, granted probably first question is weight- sure, I'm a 92kg oke. all okay, but 3 months off the bike after ruptured parts.

Hectic mate. Strongs. Heal well.

Single bolt post, but was a few years old

I like light parts but i ride a Thomson on all my bikes.Had a post break years back and had to walk quite a bit.

A friends carbon post broke a few months back and the Dr sat for hours to get all the splinters out and to close the hole.

It is a constant fear of mine. I am dik at 92kg and a clumsy rider. Always worried a seatpost or handlebar might break. For the above reason I have steared clear of carbon - is that relevant or just neurosis?

Not even in my wildest dreams could I have thought of this as a potential danger while riding, thanks for alerting us!

Hope you heal up quickly :thumbup:

I noticed a crack in my seatpost a while back, i did not hesitate to replace it....cannot think of anything worse than it breaking while at speed