• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

!!!!!! No problem!

PS just seen you got www.coza ! Cool!

Ja. Hence the 2nd bit of my response. You're our edits guy.

I saw a rig like this in the F place. It was somewhat shonky tho TBH. The counter weight was a narchie. LMAO.

Edited by Omega Man

Back up on Boomslang again this afternoon and things are looking really good now the rain has backed off a little. So much fun my son made us turn around and take a second run at it immediately after finishing the first run. He tried for a third but time was pressing.

The little bridge in the middle does a really good job of dealing with the washout the rain created a few days back.

Stopped for a chat with Deon as he slaved away. Rather selfish of him spoiling the view by looking so tired and sweaty...

This is rapidly becoming my favourire piece of track.

looking so tired and sweaty...

This is rapidly becoming my favourire piece of track.

that reads like an outed mancrush..

Ouch...

Nah but I do appreciate the work he puts in up there.

hahaha. just kidding. dont blackbelt my spokes. Please! ^_^

Finally (after a bout of flu) got to try out Boomslang over the weekend! Looking good! :clap:

I also realised you have a far greater appreciation for a trail after you've wielded a spade to help make it happen! I'll definitely be back for more build days! Thanks Deon and the guys for all your hard work! :thumbup:

Finally (after a bout of flu) got to try out Boomslang over the weekend! Looking good! :clap:

I also realised you have a far greater appreciation for a trail after you've wielded a spade to help make it happen! I'll definitely be back for more build days! Thanks Deon and the guys for all your hard work! :thumbup:

Thank you stoffel and the guys for helping.. best turnout yet!!

Hey Deon, i see that the berms on the snake trails are rapidly turning to dust and sand. Any plans to put down laterite or something? Cos i dont know if they will last the summer with the amount of riders that are enjoying them .

Allow me to answer, J...

Yes, there are. And we now have the budget to buy in more, better clay for the trails. They will eventually be lined top to bottom in clay, in order to minimise the damage that riders do to the trails.

I knwo which berms you're speaking of - that last tight one and a few further up as well.

Good news is, we're bringing the JoJo tank this weekend... And we're rebuilding My Roots. That trail has taken a literal pounding lately!!!

Thanks Myles, I also have access to even better-than-laterite clay in the Park.. it is a limited supply but fotunately a lot of it. (the yellow patches that you see on the trails)

The objective was to get the trail open again to ease the pressure on the DH and also mounting pressure from Parks re the riding of not-so-kosher trails. Now that 4 of the 5 level are open, we head back up and start crafting the features and adding reinforcing..

As Myles pointed out, this weekend is about the Roots trail.. water will be helping with the dry clay that will be shaped for mojo on the trail... ;)