Top Posters In This Topic

dreamy (to me atleast) - check

long travel - check

AM hardtail - check

orange - check

26 ain't dead - check

Steel is Real - check

mine - hell yes!

quickly went out to bed the brakes in and took you lot a "progress pic" - still needs a 170mm Lyne dropper and tubeless, but i thought she was ready for a quick pic in the sunshine :wub:

post-64325-0-71224900-1543489800_thumb.jpg

dreamy (to me atleast) - check

long travel - check

AM hardtail - check

orange - check

26 ain't dead - check

Steel is Real - check

mine - hell yes!

quickly went out to bed the brakes in and took you lot a "progress pic" - still needs a 170mm Lyne dropper and tubeless, but i thought she was ready for a quick pic in the sunshine :wub:

Pretty....very pretty :thumbup:

Some old school 26" action. 

heres another - bike shredding starts at  ~1:20

vids like all the ones posted above is what exemplifies mountain biking to me...always has. having fun, doing silly stuff...in whatever clothes you happen to have on..be it your school uniform or jeans and T's. No fancy kit or shoes or whatever....bring what you got and go play.

I don't think any of the guys in those vids care what size wheel their bike has...they are there to have a jol. To be honest...i could have easily built a new decent spec 29'r or 650 with the money i spent on the BFE26 but i saw the frame for sale...and with it an opportunity to relive those fun days i used to have just messing around...when wheel efficiency was reserved for those roadie weirdos  :P

I'm older now, and with that unfortunately comes responsibility and more sense of self preservation LOL. But that does not mean I want to cruise along on some jeep track ticking down the kms. That sucks donkey balls...id rather ride a road bike then and go fast instead.

yes a new 911 is better in every single way than a 70's or 80's one...but id still have the old school one if i had to choose between them with a gun to my head.

fine, call me sentimental, but 26" steel LTHT's are metal AF :devil:

Edited by morneS555

heres another - bike shredding starts at  ~1:20

vids like all the ones posted above is what exemplifies mountain biking to me...always has. having fun, doing silly stuff...in whatever clothes you happen to have on..be it your school uniform or jeans and T's. No fancy kit or shoes or whatever....bring what you got and go play.

I don't think any of the guys in those vids care what size wheel their bike has...they are there to have a jol. To be honest...i could have easily built a new decent spec 29'r or 650 with the money i spent on the BFE26 but i saw the frame for sale...and with it an opportunity to relive those fun days i used to have just messing around...when wheel efficiency was reserved for those roadie weirdos  :P

I'm older now, and with that unfortunately comes responsibility and more sense of self preservation LOL. But that does not mean I want to cruise along on some jeep track ticking down the kms. That sucks donkey balls...id rather ride a road bike then and go fast instead.

yes a new 911 is better in every single way than a 70's or 80's one...but id still have the old school one if i had to choose between them with a gun to my head.

fine, call me sentimental, but 26" steel LTHT's are metal AF :devil:

I suppose the other common thread in these videos is the riders getting paid to do what they love.

We can only dream about that........