Magura and Marzocchi Forks

Morwa

I had a Magura Durin fork on my Merida, a Reba Team on my Giant, and a Fox for the first time on my Scott. I loved the Reba, but the Magura was by far the best fork I have ridden - it took about a year to really settle down, but once it did, it was oh so smooth and plush. The Fox I am riding now just seems really harsh - or as my old Yamaha mates used to say, it is harder then a whores heart.... hopefully it will also "run-in" over time, but I am already thinking about a Magura fork upgrade come bonus time next year.

Edited by Andymann

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JB is now with cycle lab. In cape town contact on the hub, 5 posts up it this topic, Droo www.stokesuspension.com

Thanks. Just dropped it off at Stoke. Hope they can sort it out. Guys who had the fork before had no clue.

• 2 years later...

Hell everyone.

I'm in the process of changing the colour of my dirt jumper 2 shocks and am desperately looking for a company in SA that distributes the correct decals. 

Any leads will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hell everyone.

I'm in the process of changing the colour of my dirt jumper 2 shocks and am desperately looking for a company in SA that distributes the correct decals. 

Any leads will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ebay or custom decals. Marzo doesn't have an agent in SA and hasn't for a good few years.

Bought a bike in Dec on the hub, and it came with a Marzocchi Bomber 66 fork. 

Don't think I will switch to anything else soon.

• 7 years later...
On 11/9/2023 at 3:00 PM, dasilvarsa said:

I'm Scared to buy a Bike with a Marzocchi Fork.

Not Because it's bad but because of maintenance issues.

Nah my 140mm Bomber Z2 is easily serviced at RBC with Fox 34 bits, and it’s excellent for bombing down the valley trails near my home.

Edit:  Fox has owned Marzocchi for the last several years.

Edited by justinafrika

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

Nah my 140mm Bomber Z2 is easily serviced at RBC with Fox 34 bits, and it’s excellent for bombing down the valley trails near my home.

A Boer Maak a Plan.

On 10/31/2013 at 3:18 PM, flat29 said:

CUTTING EDGE MARKETING CC

8 Saffierpark, Amatis Cres, Elarduspark

0181 Pretoria

MAIL: corrie(at)iconnection.co.za

ORIM Global bought the Magura agency last year, they are distributor supplying the bike shops, not sure they sell direct to public.

41 minutes ago, DMZ said:

ORIM Global bought the Magura agency last year, they are distributor supplying the bike shops, not sure they sell direct to public.

Correct

• 3 months later...