Ryder bombshell

kosmonooit

Cant say I am shocked. It seems anyone with a tie to Armstrong and Bruyneel is inevitably going to have to come clean. I saw an article praising Hyjesdal for telling the truth, but would he have been so honest if Rasmussen had not named him?

He admit it already a year ago.

Garmin-Sharp said they were backing their rider."As we have previously stated, our expectation is that anyone in our organisation contacted by any anti-doping authority must be open and honest with that authority," a team statement read."Ryder is no exception and a year ago when he was contacted he cooperated fully and truthfully testified to USADA and CCES (Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport)."For this reason and because of our desire for 100 percent truth and reconciliation in the sport of cycling, we support him."Several riders at Garmin-Sharp, including former Armstrong team mates David Zabriskie, Hesjedal, Tom Danielson, Christian Vande Velde and manager Jonathan Vaughters, have testified before USADA against the disgraced American rider.

Amazing how all these guys can own up after the 8 year statute of limitations kicks in. So he came 2nd at the worlds while on dope and keeps his medal !! I think once these guys have doped, they not gonna just stop.

I like Vaughters. He's a straight shooter and says it like it is. If teams are expected to fire ex dopers then they may as well just shut the whole circus down.

I also like him, but it does stick for me a bit is that it took so long for him to come out about his doping past too.

Edited by Tumbleweed

I also like him, but it does stick for me a bit is that it took so long for him to come out about his doping past too.

True that. A lot of these guys are getting off scott free, with Lance taking the fall for many of of them. It looks like the message there is that its ok to have been a doper, as long as you weren't being a d!ck about it.

interesting that the other 2 guys on the podium in 2003 have served bans for epo......so probably a fair race after all.....?

1 Filip Meirhaeghe (Belgium) 2.25.02 (20.4 km/h)

2 Ryder Hesjedal (Canada) 0.46

3 Roel Paulissen (Belgium) 1.52

I wonder how many confessions will we hear in the next few years? Looks like it is becoming the norm.

Rasmusen is an interesting case, he nevertested positive, but got kicked out of the tdf, which sort of ended his career.

He admit it already a year ago.

Garmin-Sharp said they were backing their rider."As we have previously stated, our expectation is that anyone in our organisation contacted by any anti-doping authority must be open and honest with that authority," a team statement read."Ryder is no exception and a year ago when he was contacted he cooperated fully and truthfully testified to USADA and CCES (Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport)."For this reason and because of our desire for 100 percent truth and reconciliation in the sport of cycling, we support him."Several riders at Garmin-Sharp, including former Armstrong team mates David Zabriskie, Hesjedal, Tom Danielson, Christian Vande Velde and manager Jonathan Vaughters, have testified before USADA against the disgraced American rider.

I don't see anything about him admitting in that paragraph?

Lots of riders are still doping and if you don't believe that you're very naive. Same people still involved in terms of managers, doctors and riders.

Why are you all shocked? They doped back then. They still dope. We all should just shake the romantic notion that these guys play fair and stay clean.