Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha!

Wow! That was great fun! I now fully understand why guys overseas are big on enduro.

I also now know that this was for me, felt exactly like my weekend rides. Execpt I never drooled that much over bikes and helmets before...

I liked the SS1 and SS2 was well marked, really liked the danger tape markers for corners. I couldn't find SS4s trail tag, SS5 was cool. Overall very happy I participated.

Only been riding 1 year now and finished round mid table, in a yrs time I hope my technique and skill will improve loads, so I can get a better rank.

But ya, I had a blast! Was awesome!

Yeah cap, stage 2 got me in the teeth! Clipped my bars about 5 times as well... Eish!

im quite small, stage 2 was awesome for me...pity my time does not reflect it :blush:.. all i had to do was duck under the branches.

So......

When is the next Enduro here in CT??? :w00t: :ph34r: :clap:

Haha!

Wow! That was great fun! I now fully understand why guys overseas are big on enduro.

I also now know that this was for me, felt exactly like my weekend rides. Execpt I never drooled that much over bikes and helmets before...

I liked the SS1 and SS2 was well marked, really liked the danger tape markers for corners. I couldn't find SS4s trail tag, SS5 was cool. Overall very happy I participated.

Only been riding 1 year now and finished round mid table, in a yrs time I hope my technique and skill will improve loads, so I can get a better rank.

But ya, I had a blast! Was awesome!

Glad you enjoyed it. Next time you'll have full use of your hand, that'll help.

Keep an eye out on Dirtopia's website/facebook page.

Also heard that some people are looking to run some Enduros. Looking good for the future

Stage 2 was insane, fast flowy and complete with eye level branches. Crow was yapping at my tail the whole way down. Flippen awesome.

Will def sign up again.

And start getting fitter.

Those hills were not alive with the sound of music.

in terms of best stage, toss up between that and stage 1 3 and 4... ^_^

im quite small, stage 2 was awesome for me...pity my time does not reflect it :blush:.. all i had to do was duck under the branches.

So......

When is the next Enduro here in CT??? :w00t: :ph34r: :clap:

might not be anything till next year.. but good time to prep for then. Maybe plan in some up-country events. KZN also has what seems like a thriving enduro scene.

Glad you enjoyed it. Next time you'll have full use of your hand, that'll help.

i expected my finger to pain during braking and in singletrack sections, but it didnt.... the jeep tracks at the end of SS1, that grassy section just before the tag. and the jeep track between the two forest sections on SS2 where it gets really fast... was the most painful for me, vibrations caused a lotv pain. so had to slow down a lot over there.

Damn. Now I'm even more bummed to have missed it! But my knee would have been shafted. If a 2 hour jonkers session smashed it then this would have been a step too far. Especially when you get the red mist as soon as that beep sounds at the beginning of a stage!

in terms of best stage, toss up between that and stage 1 3 and 4... ^_^

Agreed... 3 just takes it for me... But one and four were also sick... Four had a couple "sand pits" which caught me by surprise :)

Damn. Now I'm even more bummed to have missed it! But my knee would have been shafted. If a 2 hour jonkers session smashed it then this would have been a step too far. Especially when you get the red mist as soon as that beep sounds at the beginning of a stage!

Dam dude, the climbing and heat together were quite tough and it's definitely a good idea to get your knee rested / healed... Hopefully there will be something soonish again... We needed some more company at the back of the climbers... Haha

Craig - how we're the climbs on your 34?

They were actually alright, I think there was only one section I pushed that I could have maybe done on a two by ten. There were like 20 other people pushing that section, if not more... So I didn't feel too bad... Even guys with 2x10.

damn, that was f'ing brilliant! Well done to the Dirtopia team. Might not have been balls-out gnar, but it was fast, fun and ffs, filled with sneaky blind corners and u-turns #NeedMoreWarning! #mustloseweight

My word for the day: Warmup.

holycow it was climbing and pushing, and it was a breezy 35C. Warmup. ermagerd.

But super meeting MH For Short for a change. :)Sorry to you hear u missed out on the hard Eddie. But it will come :)

Flowta: hope you gonna be ok. that was a pretty nasty look graze on your arm.

Some guys went down hard today. Track was superbly fast in places. Just tuck down, brakes off, balls out.

oh and stage 2. I call it bitchslap. All those who were there will understand. stupid branches.. :(

oh and mayhem: You suck.

That it is all

:P

Hey Cap, arm doing ok. I think the ego took more of a hit

SS2 FTW! I would hike a bike the whole day long to ride that over and over again. I've never been so happy in my life to be smacked in the face by branches!

SS1 was cool too, but the Ibis was a bit skittish still. First ride and all. SS3 was a bit of a waste in my opinion, SS4 was cancelled by the time we got there. SS5 was cool too. Pity I had NOTHING left by then as going fast there meant hammering the pedals.

Great turn out and it was great to be in the midst of some proper bikes and talent.

I had an off day.

Back brake amounted to nothing, knew beforehand that I should have bled it but was too lazy.

Came off in SS2 due too pushing too hard with only the front brake, you really appreciate brakes when your's stop working.

Got lost halfway on SS4 after someone went through the red tape at a fork in the road and didn't bother to stop and fix it. Red mist and all that, but a lot of people took the wrong turn there.

SS2 was awesome, my crash wasn't enough to spoil it. After the crash in the bush tunnel I took it slower, and then it flowed nicely.

SS1 was my clear favourite.

SS5 was the only one where I felt comfortable with only one brake. This would have been an awesome liasion section. Actually, most of the liasion sections were pretty cool.

All in all this was a good day out. Next Dirtopia Enduro's sounds like it is going to be Easter weekend in Greyton. Can't wait for that.

post-16631-0-12938100-1385362175_thumb.jpg