Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was conspicuous by my absence.

You have sold two bike frames that I could not believe you were sane in selling.

1st was the Shova frame ... but I shut up because I was buying it :)

2nd was the Mbuzi frame ....

You seem to have found a fair replacement though :)

You have sold two bike frames that I could not believe you were sane in selling.

1st was the Shova frame ... but I shut up because I was buying it :)

2nd was the Mbuzi frame ....

You seem to have found a fair replacement though :)

Quite right!!

I always look back at my Shova with a tear in my eye. She was my first real bike.

The Mbuzi was way too small, but fantastic anyway. If it was a medium I don't believe I'd have sold it.

Do you still have the Shova?

Quite right!!

I always look back at my Shova with a tear in my eye. She was my first real bike.

The Mbuzi was way too small, but fantastic anyway. If it was a medium I don't believe I'd have sold it.

Do you still have the Shova?

:ph34r: ....no ... sold her to buy this ....

post-5403-0-19424400-1385471459_thumb.jpg

:thumbup:

it's similar to the strategy of some top Dakar rally riders - riders like Cyril Despres and Marc Coma will push hard only when needed - speed isn't always what's needed, but consistency wins races.

I learned this lesson the hard way on Sunday.

Sooo... this looked like a fantastic event, next year I'm gonna fly/drive down for it :)

Really glad to see Enduro taking off nicely in SA, it must be the most fun that can be had on a bike!!! ... Unless you're Kanye :whistling:

I had an off day.

Back brake amounted to nothing, knew beforehand that I should have bled it but was too lazy.

Came off in SS2 due too pushing too hard with only the front brake, you really appreciate brakes when your's stop working.

SS2 was awesome, my crash wasn't enough to spoil it. After the crash in the bush tunnel I took it slower, and then it flowed nicely.

Yoh!! and your knee looks like that even though you had knee pads on??? where you like.... going at 120km/hr? Ouch!!

He was "flowta'ing like a butterfly" when they jumped out and assaulted him.

"Fly like a butterfly, stings like when I pee" - Peter Griffin, Family Guy