Origin of Trails

milky4130

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it really not starting til 9 each day and how comes friday? don't think theres any holiday on? just a random week day race?

is it really not starting til 9 each day and how comes friday? don't think theres any holiday on? just a random week day race?

i think you probably signed up for the shorter routes as I'm Starting at 7 each day, longer routes. It's a 2 day event, with Burger seeding race on the Sunday don't know if that influence the decision or not. 3 days stage races usually starts the Friday so I'm not really surprised.

i think you probably signed up for the shorter routes as I'm Starting at 7 each day, longer routes. It's a 2 day event, with Burger seeding race on the Sunday don't know if that influence the decision or not. 3 days stage races usually starts the Friday so I'm not really surprised.

Looking forward to this one, same trail builders as w2w as well so should be AWESOME.

WRT entry fee, if you look at the blurb part of entry fee goes towards annual maintenance of the trails, sure I read somewhere that it was approx R 500/entry. Not many other races put money into maintaining & developing new trails so happy to pay the little bit extra.

Sh*t. Plans to drive from hermanus both days not idea really!

[/Quote] Registration email received today says 7am long route & 7:30M for shorter route, are you sure you aren't confusing the events?

Anyone know anyone who wants an entry?

I have multiple fractures and ligament damage in my right ankle......

yes

yes

What a tough, tough race!!!

The late start meant we were at least 20mins longer in the sun than needed to be.

At 27km there was a nasty climb of 300m in like less than a couple of km's, gradient easily +10 region. Everyone had to push a small section where there were steps to climb. The heat especially took its toll, I regret not cooling off under that the waterfall :-(

Did a 4:29 over 75km & not 68km as per their profile & not as per their advertised 70km.

Let the recovery begin.

I was just really thankful the commentator was wrong when he said 2300m climbing. Not sure where he got that from but thank god it was wrong! Hard day but so good, really enjoyed it. Some of those descents were soo steep!

Geez it was tough. A little too tough I think, enjoyment factor went out the window when we all had to push at the 27km mark. I even saw some top pros pushing. I was so tired after the climbs I could not even enjoy the single track. And the singletrack was epic, let me assure you. Tomorrow will be easier.

Edited by schalk1982

I agree, was a really tough day out there. Gotto say I was disappointed with the route, which felt quite 'Epic'y. Not enough flow and too much grinding straight up vineyards just to bomb straight down them again. That said, the new Banghoek Valley singletrack was incredible and lots of fun (as was the normal Jonkershoek stuff)