2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

Granny is lower than my old 3x9 Silverback 26er. Since my fitness levels are up, I have no problems climbing even steeper climbs, like Dorstberg or the Hillcrest climb... Also, this bike is not made for tar. Come and do Cheeky Corners @ Contermans, or the Cobra @ Hoogekraal, and you will see what this bike is all about.

Such a fun little section of trail

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does any1 know where you can get a cover or something for the front deraileur mount to make it look better and tidy it up.Would look much better with a cover on that flat silver plate.

I sprayed mine with some Black Plasti-dip.

If I want to put a derailleur on later, I just peel off the rubber

Granny is lower than my old 3x9 Silverback 26er. Since my fitness levels are up, I have no problems climbing even steeper climbs, like Dorstberg or the Hillcrest climb... Also, this bike is not made for tar. Come and do Cheeky Corners @ Contermans, or the Cobra @ Hoogekraal, and you will see what this bike is all about.

which section is called Cheeky Corners? I ride there a lot and have never heard that name.

which section is called Cheeky Corners? I ride there a lot and have never heard that name.

That last little newish blue single track, before the tabletop...

That last little newish blue single track, before the tabletop...

ah ok, the windy bit which is an alternative to the Kloof. Still prefer the Kloof.

I don't think Trances are allowed in a bunch ;)

LOL... mine has to do a bit of everything because I ride it to the trails and unfortunately there's sometimes tar involved on the way there & back. I always find the horrid black stuff passes by way quicker if I can tuck in behind a road biker or 10 :blush:

And WTF is it with MTBing??? I promised myself when I bought this bike that I would not pimp it out because this is not my primary sport anymore yet every day I find myself surfing CWC online for trick goodies  :cursing:

ah ok, the windy bit which is an alternative to the Kloof. Still prefer the Kloof.

At speed, Cheeky Corners is more fun... especially since they've added the jumps.

They've had good reviews, but imo they're too narrow for the bike. 20mm internal width. If you're looking in that range rather go for the Flow EX (must be the EX version) 5mm wider makes a hoooooge difference in the support of the sidewall and the Flows are brilliant wheels. It's well worth the extra cash.

Forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere else but I need some clarity on these Fox CTD forks. The web site says they're 120mm-140mm  Forks.

Does this mean they're standard at 120mm and can be converted to 140mm if required?

Forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere else but I need some clarity on these Fox CTD forks. The web site says they're 120mm-140mm  Forks.

Does this mean they're standard at 120mm and can be converted to 140mm if required?

The trance 27.5 2 comes standard with fox evolution CTD 140mm forks. you cant adjust the travel.

my forks on my trance seem a bit sticky. when i lean on the handlebars just standing next to the bike they dont slide down smoothly. I popped the top seal off and the foam washers inside have plenty of lube on them.  any good advice to fix this ???

any good advice to fix this ???

1. Take the fork off the bike

2. Let the air out and set rebound to the slowest setting (Compress fork to ensure ALL air is out)

3. Remove all seals 

4. Remove all oil from internals.

5. Use "stripped" fork for funky conversation piece

6. Buy a Rockshox Revelation.

7. Fit, set and forget

8. Tell a funny story around the campfire about how that one time your bike came with a Fox etc.

For a useful guide on how to service Crank Brothers Egg Beaters:

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/general-discussion/899570d1402195222-can-cleat-tension-adjusted-eggbeaters-pedals-eggbeater-service.jpg

1. Take the fork off the bike

2. Let the air out and set rebound to the slowest setting (Compress fork to ensure ALL air is out)

3. Remove all seals 

4. Remove all oil from internals.

5. Use "stripped" fork for funky conversation piece

6. Buy a Rockshox Revelation.

7. Fit, set and forget

8. Tell a funny story around the campfire about how that one time your bike came with a Fox etc.

Brilliant :lol:

Archived