Why do we act like idiots??

Graveldonkey

Im very offended about the this post.

Are you telling me i have no chance at winning the Argus? Maybe cause you in my way and when i shout MOOOOVE you dont, and the only reason you catch me on the next gradient is because i have to shout moove all the time and i get tired.

Furthermore my strava shows that i am 3rd fastest from my fridge to my couch in my segment. Also my starva rides are surely monitored by all the cycle scouts out there..........arent they?

And lastly the only reason the guy on the Raliegh overtook me is because my Pinarello grip was a bit wet and my hand slipped.

So there at least i proved im not an Idjit.............

Also im sure chicks dig oaks in lycra, so you must be wrong on that count, as when i enter a pub and order a skinny latte all the girls and most of the guys all stare at me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And lastly the only reason the guy on the Raliegh overtook me is because my Pinarello grip was a bit wet and my hand slipped.

Not to bad. Know of a bloke on a Dogma that was passed by a bloke on a delivery bike. One of those that have 3 speeds up Suikerbossie.

- The guy on the delivery bike featured on the Hub a few years back when he did the Vasbyt (160 km race) on same said delivery bike

Edited by François Marais

i enjoyed how some find the need to defend themselves and seperate themselves from the stigma. But try going out for supper with non cyclist. You are bound to look like a Deer caught in the headlights.......but then.........yes, someone mentioned something about taking on the Argus for the first time.....and.........JACKPOT........Its socializing time people....and from then on out every sentence you embark on begins with "What you should do is....."

And for those who believe that this is how it should be..... your an idiot.

MTB friends. you are included. when i used the term "Cyclists" it included all types of two wheel human power technology. As a avid MTB idiot. its even worse. i get fully kitted for every ride to show off my new white booties. even to ride with my son in his 20" around the block. jip......u guessed it.....Idiotic.......but i know im not the only.

i enjoyed how some find the need to defend themselves and seperate themselves from the stigma. But try going out for supper with non cyclist. You are bound to look like a Deer caught in the headlights.......but then.........yes, someone mentioned something about taking on the Argus for the first time.....and.........JACKPOT........Its socializing time people....and from then on out every sentence you embark on begins with "What you should do is....."

And for those who believe that this is how it should be..... your an idiot.

MTB friends. you are included. when i used the term "Cyclists" it included all types of two wheel human power technology. As a avid MTB idiot. its even worse. i get fully kitted for every ride to show off my new white booties. even to ride with my son in his 20" around the block. jip......u guessed it.....Idiotic.......but i know im not the only.

Not to bad. Know of a bloke on a Dogma that was passed by a bloke on a delivery bike. One of those that have 3 speeds up Suikerbossie.

- The guy on the delivery bike featured on the Hub a few years back when he did the Vasbyt (160 km race) on same said delivery bike

makes sense, delivery bike probably lighter than a dogma

there's an acronym for that: tl:dr (too long: Didn't Read)

How are you, vettes?

Lekka Armpies, you doing okay Mate

It's like that underpants sticking out of your pants fashion thing. It's really stupid but you have to do it to be cool.

post-40998-0-98287100-1384446700_thumb.jpg

Guest DieBees

If you are sensitive to self scrutinee and constructive criticism. Dont bother reading any further. you will find this offensive!!!

I recently got off my IDT to allow enough oxygen flow through to my brain to have a "Eureka" moment..... we (cyclists) are all idiots!!! yes....u heard me right.

And here is why:

Every single person i know in this sport act like a school boy being caught in the act fapping in a cubical during break time when they are ambushed into a conversations on topics other than cycling.

If we are seeded anywhere in the single numeric of the Argus, we believe it is one of us that will podium on the day and sitting on the cross bar of our bikes (pre race) are going to get us a spot on the Intellibus team. --- idiots

We also believe we have the right to shout commands such as "MOOOVE!!" and "KEEP LEFT!!" all the way through each ride so we can be respected as the faster rider (only to be caught later in the race) --- Idiots

Strava is the latest tool to show that you are into this game and mean business. Even though you might find this hard to believe..... no one checks what you have done except your stupid cycling mates. --- idiots

Having a Pimped or lighter bike is only a indication of your stupidity level in this sport, and some oke on a Raleigh RC3000 is waiting to kick your butt. Or maybe he has already. But you pretended not to notice while you were busy scanning your stupid monitoring equipment indicating how much fart you have accumulated from the last banana consumption......... Yes you!!!..... dont look behind you....... you know who you are. --- idiots

having a friendly chat with Joe Soap of cycling in the local bike shop and then ignoring everyone at Killarney with your kit on is absolutely rediculous. You do realise people still recognise you with cycling kit on? ---Idiots

even if you did make it onto the Pro scene does not take away your courtesy and personality. You are still allowed to act like a normal decent person. --- idiots

Going to the local Pub with a Specialized shirt on means nothing to the chics. They dont cycle and they dont care. Its how you get her home that matters. And taking chics to your Moms house aint cool. --- idiots

Why do we act like @ssholes towards cyclists when we drive cars, and the same when we ride our bicycles?? --- idiots

This sport is becoming more and more brain dead as it grows. And the more i think about it.... the more i am starting to believe the bicycle has a slow releasing brain killing poison which is transferred into the @sshole of the guy / girl riding it.

I am one of the idiots, so dont criticise me, rather try and understand and make sense of this theory.

Bad day at the office? Idiot....

If it is so bad buy a soccer ball and then pop down to a park on sunday...

Edited by DieBees

Some points are quite humorous, but my reading of the Hub and its denizens reveals that most can converse on a wide range of topics unrelated to bicycles. I think you may be projecting a little.