Vipa Or Tallboy

Storm 78

Im in the market for a new frame. Had a look at the Vipa and Tallboy yesterday. Both got my attension. Is there anything you guys know from personal experience that you can share with me to make my decision easier.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am riding my second TallBoy. The new one being a LTc. I can not speak for the Vipa. I read every review before I bought my TallBoys, the things that swung it were the suspension (VPP), the design is very sound and from experience I can say it lives up to the expectations. The carbon build is suppose to be one of the lightest, stiffest designs out there.

But mostly it is a very comfortable bike. Will I buy another one, absolutely! It is proven and build by one of the most progressive bike building companies in the world. It is a Santa Cruz!

Vipa, even if it is just for the looks of the bike. I don't like the lines of the tallboy, the angle of the rearshock looks weird compared to the toptube of the bike. Vipa, epic, spark all have nice lines.

But I have never heard anything bad about the tallboy, so it must be a great bike.

Tallboy. Maybe not as racy....but the yeti sb-95c is too sexy to not look at.

+1 on having a look at the Yeti SB95c. Otherwise Tallboy it speaks for itself apparently...

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/131282-momsen-vipa-build-review/

Check this thread out before you listen to all the tall boys ;)

Crow is seriously finicky about what he rides and he tests and reviews just about anything with 2 wheels and pedals. He is one of the few guys here on the Hub that doesn't just compare the 1 or 2 bikes he owns, but have a very wide experience with mountain bikes. (Crow hasn't discovered yet that there is actually a bike that can ride on the tar. O, before I forget, his only bias is for any Ibis bike :D )

It's amazing how SC has gained appeal amongst less hardcore riders in the last few years, all thanks to the Tallboy.

5 or 6 years ago none of the less technically skilled marathon, stage racer, dirt roadie, weekend warrior types would have even known about Mr Rosskop's bikes.