94.7 - Ridiculous Racing Tandem Circus

janneman72

Does a MTB count??? The fact that you go to great lengths to explain shows how insecure you yourself really are.

Its all fun and games until someone decides to switch you one day to get their own back. But it won't be you that bites the dust only.

It is safer for everyone to get along.

Our team pulled an entire group for 60km into the wind at one tonner. In the last 400m, guy from the back stands up and sprints for the line. We had a laugh about it, we did not try to injure him.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The generalization started with the title. Then the tandem bashing came. I tried to illustrate with my own generalizations that it is rather shallow. Perhaps the irony is lost on some, but until you have done a tandem ride with someone with less athletic ability than you, you won't get the post. I don't profess to be a super athlete, but I enjoy it with my wife on the back, even if she does not have sub 3 Argus ambitions.

Dude to be honest I still don't know what you are talking about?

Can you make your point in one, short sentence?

BIG H, please do not come over to Mountain Biking, you will get hurt much quicker than you think.

But on the other I'm sure we are safe in the mountains seeing we only ride "half bikes" Jeez what an uneducated name for bicycle!

i always had respect for tandem riders, but reading all the swearing and switching you guys get up to, mmmm gonna look at tandems in a different light from now.

PS : So what if a the wives / girlfriends / sweethearts ride as pillions, last i checked the 94.7 is suppose to be a fun and family outing day!!

Those tail sitters I normally deal with. Switch them and make them fall very hard.

I was always told as a kid that you get what you give. Remember, the day will come where the wheel comes full circle and someone switches you............And thats surely got to hurt..............

BIG H, please do not come over to Mountain Biking, you will get hurt much quicker than you think.

But on the other I'm sure we are safe in the mountains seeing we only ride "half bikes" Jeez what an uneducated name for bicycle!

i always had respect for tandem riders, but reading all the swearing and switching you guys get up to, mmmm gonna look at tandems in a different light from now.

PS : So what if a the wives / girlfriends / sweethearts ride as pillions, last i checked the 94.7 is suppose to be a fun and family outing day!!

My Tandem..... Swearing and switching is not endemic to Tandem Riders. I really hope you and other roadies will stop seeing a Tandem as a gaint slips tream and not keep on abusing them.

PS Hoe stir jy jou eie pot as jou pap aangebrand het?

post-24908-0-12702400-1384875686_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big H*

I was always told as a kid that you get what you give. Remember, the day will come where the wheel comes full circle and someone switches you............And thats surely got to hurt..............

You still do not understand do you, Jafta. As they say, in the land of the blind, old one eye is king. You will see what you want to see.

Edited by Big H*

You still do not understand do you, Jafta. As they say, in the land of the blind, old one eye is king. You will see what you want to see.

Wrong tandem for a road race. Why so abusive again? Joffter not Jafta unless you want to be racist?

Tandems were made for slipstreaming. If you do not like it do not ride races. No rule in the rulebook prohibits slipstreaming or stipulates that all riders must share an equal amount of time in the front. Real appy funrider mentality.

Not related to OP, but all Hubbers should have realised by now that "big h" is a stirer of note. He is trying to push people's boundries of self-comtrol through his (most of the times) controversial comments and generalisations. Obviously there are people who enjoy his antics. With his move to the vlaktes he obviously now has more time at hand to perfect his skill of getting under your skin. As a master of trolling he is constantly trying to validate Newton's third law: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Just watch and see the nuclear fall out that will follow this post. Save your energy for more constructive contributions. It will also help to prevent one of the most feared injuries of the keyboard warrior, namely carpal tunnel syndrome. To "big h", nag ou grote en lekker slaap.

Not related to OP, but all Hubbers should have realised by now that "big h" is a stirer of note. He is trying to push people's boundries of self-comtrol through his (most of the times) controversial comments and generalisations. Obviously there are people who enjoy his antics. With his move to the vlaktes he obviously now has more time at hand to perfect his skill of getting under your skin. As a master of trolling he is constantly trying to validate Newton's third law: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Just watch and see the nuclear fall out that will follow this post. Save your energy for more constructive contributions. It will also help to prevent one of the most feared injuries of the keyboard warrior, namely carpal tunnel syndrome. To "big h", nag ou grote en lekker slaap.

Someone asked earlier is BigH big, yes he is, He's does also own half bicycles and is quite a tough "topppie" and did the crater cruise on a rigid fork hybrid, something i would never do. Stirrer for sure (but a lot of blue bull fanatics are) but i don't for one moment believe, despite what he states, he will intentionally cause harm to fellow cyclist.

Someone asked earlier is BigH big, yes he is, He's does also own half bicycles and is quite a tough "topppie" and did the crater cruise on a rigid fork hybrid, something i would never do. Stirrer for sure (but a lot of blue bull fanatics are) but i don't for one moment believe, despite what he states, he will intentionally cause harm to fellow cyclist.

Be that as it may, he still comes across as a Big D ~ that's ****, in case you don't know.

I'm a "toppie" too, and I'd like to think that the few extra years we have had has taught us not to make such irresponsible statements.

Edited by Falco