Bottelary hills- TICKS

Mopkop

Hi guys

So the last few rides in Bottelary hills has been tick free until tonight when I had one attached to each leg. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Seems like they come out just after the rains!

When I got home I thought it was just some mud that was out on the green loop and only once I hit the shower to shave I noticed the little bastards!

post-35789-0-23143500-1384804332_thumb.jpg

post-35789-0-91013400-1384804366_thumb.jpg

I removed them with a tweezer, and made sure the heads came out too, is there anything I should rub on the bite just in case?

Any tips on how to keep not just the ticks but all those damn flies away too!

All help will be appreciated :thumbup:

just part of mtb. Jonkershoek even worse, took 10+ off just while riding. Only thing i do is check constantly and take them off before they can settle.... another option is becoming roadie, haha

We will cut the grass on certain sections of single track this week - this should help with the tick problem. Spraying your legs with Tabard also does help.

Ag man don't worry about it... had plenty of them on me after riding at g-spot and jonkers. Just keep a check on your health and seek medical advice as soon as you start feeling really bad flu-like effects and/or bad stomach issues, but unlikely that you will get any of that in the cape. Best thing is to constantly check youreslf while riding and get them off before they settle as braailegend suggested

We will cut the grass on certain sections of single track this week - this should help with the tick problem. Spraying your legs with Tabard also does help.

Great stuff! I'll give the tabard a try

Big ups to you and your team :thumbup:

After removing the ticks, wipe with metholated spirits

And be careful how you remove them if you squeeze them then it will puke it`s guts out into your bloodstream.

Best way to remove them is to cover them with vaseline, grease, or lipice - they release themselves, the just wipe them off with tissue paper, and disinfect the area afterwards.

Watch for flu like symptoms and infected or red bite site - go immediately to your gp if you get symptoms.

That close up picture of a hairy leg is enough reason to consider shaving....... :ph34r: .....ticks or no ticks!