Tubbies

Garfield2010

What are the fastest most durable tyres on the market for SA roads? Where can i find them? Tubbies. Must be virtually bulletproof.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must go faster!

Good luck with that.! LOL

"bulletproof" tyres are generally slower ... whether they are clinchers or tubbies.

Fast and puncture resistant.

http://www.chainreac...re/rp-prod39363

The reviews on that page isn't to comforting.

I recently also bought new GP4000 clincher tyres. Rode 120km and the one's structure basically gave in. I did not hit any potholes/cat eyes or rode on bad roads. My LBS mechanic and friend told me it was definitely a structural/manufacturing fault. We sent the tyre back and the okes in Joburg said sorry it was my fault.

Not to keen on Conti's since although my LBS mechanic still thinks they are good value....

I have a Conti GP Force 24mm tubbie on the back - only done one race + a test ride on it but so far so good and seems pretty durable - picked up a few glass fragments on a ride which were embedded in the outer layer, didn't look like puncturing... Was just a bloddy bugger to stretch out and get on the rim!

On the front I have a Zipp tangent 21mm tubbie, which is basically a Vittoria Corsa. It has pretty nice soft ride, but the latex inner tube loses air after a day... its supposedly fast but doesnt *look* too hardy.

The reviews on that page isn't to comforting.

I recently also bought new GP4000 clincher tyres. Rode 120km and the one's structure basically gave in. I did not hit any potholes/cat eyes or rode on bad roads. My LBS mechanic and friend told me it was definitely a structural/manufacturing fault. We sent the tyre back and the okes in Joburg said sorry it was my fault.

Not to keen on Conti's since although my LBS mechanic still thinks they are good value....

Oh no.On my 3rd set of Chilly GP4000 and never had a problem.Get about 3000km on a set.

OK now there are three options.... Which is best. Ok they must be super fast but relatively durable...

Specialized Turbo Pro's!! Not sure if you can buy them locally though.

• 2 weeks later...