Cyclist down - Johan Labuschagne

RABUBI

All the strength, Rider!

The taxi system is so necessary and valuable. But so dangerous at times.

Edited by ' Dale

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That attitude really bugs me and I don't think that SuperSport campaign a few months back helped the attitude. South Africans like to see themselves as outdoors people who can handle any kind of challenge, even if they haven't rolled off the couch for six months. We should be campaigning around the fact that if we want to be the fittest, most outdoorsish, handle-anything country in the world then we should encourage and make space for anyone furthering that pursuit, change the attitude from an 'us vs them' perspective to a collective ownership so that drivers see cyclists, runners or anyone doing something outdoors as representing their ideals in a certain way.

I really like the approach above,and as it is a challenge on its own, it is still a challenge worth while perusing.

That interview with Brad Brown:

That woman is a moron plain and simple. It scares me that someone like that is responsible to ensure safety on our roads, and to do followup investigations.

Asking motorist nicely to drive carefully won't solve anything...

We should have this protest ride in peek morning traffic on Witkoppen, William Nicol Dr and Main Rd. Enough is enough by just talking about all these incidents! Perhaps start at Nicolway Bryanston, plenty secure parking https://maps.google....h&mra=mift&z=18

Craig Wapnick ‏@properwappo 4h

In france cyclists would block roads to protest carnage Let's organise blockage of william nichol @AndrewMclean @KevinMcCallum

Bruce Anderson ‏@Bruanderson 2h

@properwappo @AndrewMclean @KevinMcCallum I'm in for helping organise a William Nicol or other road block. @MelvinNeale @CriticalMassJhb

Cycling Direct ‏@CyclingDirectSA 2h

@Bruanderson @properwappo @AndrewMclean @KevinMcCallum @MelvinNeale @CriticalMassJhb Add me to that ! Time to act for our safety

Craig Wapnick ‏@properwappo 1h

@CyclingDirectSA @Bruanderson @AndrewMclean @KevinMcCallum @MelvinNeale @CriticalMassJhb how do we do this? Can't just be twitter emotion?

Critical Mass Joburg ‏@CriticalMassJhb 39m

@properwappo watch this space. There will be a protest over this incident. Details to follow

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your injuries, Johan. I hope the authorities prosecute the taxi driver. They seem to get away with so much. I was nearly taken out by a taxi in the yellow lane last week whilst on a morning ride going past Tygervalley.

This is the lawless culture that the traffic authorities and the government of the day are breeding in our country, sorry to say it will take a lot more than a safe bicycling campaign to put right.

Get well soon Johan.

Piece of effing sh it taxi driver. C*nt!

+1

And whats gonna happen to the driver? It's a sad reality...

This is the lawless culture that the traffic authorities and the government of the day are breeding in our country, sorry to say it will take a lot more than a safe bicycling campaign to put right.

Get well soon Johan.

Yes but sitting on our hands will do even less.

Yes but sitting on our hands will do even less.

Who do we follow in tweeta to be informed of/get involved with this protest? I'm in.

Edited by Cellar