[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic Cycle Race

Frosty

I think it is important to give credit where it is due. I paid R50 and my number and (lekka) goodybag was delivered in my livingroom. No time off work, no traffic, no tollgates or fuel costs. These people respect my time and will see me back (they even have pickup on the morning). In future I will donate the costs they save me towards their charity - BIG UP!

Edited by TALUS

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is important to give credit where it is due. I paid R50 and my number and (lekka) goodybag was delivered in my livingroom. No time of work, no traffic, no tollgates or fuel costs. These people respect my time and will see me back (they even have pickup on the morning). In future I will donate the costs they save me towards their charity - BIG UP!

Great stuff ! Thanks for sharing !

Received SMS, Email and appears on Web so i'm covered.

I got all that and a plane just went over with my start time on a banner behind it,

I think they've met expectations on comms with entrants.

Hi Greald

I have received my race nr (TA1040), my tandem partner however has received a nr for the 65km

Best you check at registration.

How did you enter, as I am unable to see the online entry process

Edited by geraldm24

Fitting of Championchip on:

#1 15mm QR?

#2 Cannondale Lefty

Hi guys My bike has a 15mm QR fork,

My wives bike is a Cannondale with a Lefty.

How do you suggest we fit the Chips, one option is on the Seat tube, just above the BB.. close to the crank

G

Fitting of Championchip on:

#1 15mm QR?

#2 Cannondale Lefty

Hi guys My bike has a 15mm QR fork,

My wives bike is a Cannondale with a Lefty.

How do you suggest we fit the Chips, one option is on the Seat tube, just above the BB.. close to the crank

G

On rear wheel?

On your shoe?

On the tandem we usually cable tie the second chip to the rear chain-stay.

My thinking was also the chain stay. seems a simplest, easiest, best location.

G

On rear wheel?

On your shoe?

On the tandem we usually cable tie the second chip to the rear chain-stay.

If there is bucks involved the big boys will come out to play. I will be lucky to make it home before BL then. Tempo ride it is then.

Top 3 places (AL) split R3500

R2000, R1000 and R500

Edited by geraldm24

Going to wish everyone well for Sunday, now, as I have a bucket load of work to get through before the sun sets today.

Tomorrow we're at Carnival prepping the parking, start, potholes, sweeping corners, erecting signage, and everything else that we do.

See you all on the start line, be sure to say HELLO!!

This is amusing.

Championchips response, we will not guarantee any results if you don't fit it the way we say you have to.

Ok, so there is no right leg on the lefty fork.

Ok so there is no petruding axle to attach the chip to on the right

on the left, the bottom part of the fork is the section where the leg moves up and down on, so no option.

fitting on the right shoe a big NO NO.

and no ye we ok with that idea of fitting it to the right chain stay.

And if it is fitted wrong and you end with no time, then oh damm sorry to hear, you mos did not want to do what we told you to do.

only option I see is the chain stay. it's about the same height as a fork/or axle mount.

as mentioned by others previously.

G

Guys

For tomorrow race, for those thats riding in the MTB group, anyone got a number sticker to place on a board or on the helmet,

Only number we (Me, wife and Father in Law) got is the one at the back of the shirt, to be attached with the pin's.

G

Guys

For tomorrow race, for those thats riding in the MTB group, anyone got a number sticker to place on a board or on the helmet,

Only number we (Me, wife and Father in Law) got is the one at the back of the shirt, to be attached with the pin's.

G

That's the one you usually get when road racing, plus a couple of stickers with your number on for jetlineaction pics if you want pics. Should all be in your envelope

Only thing I got with umber on is the one for the back, NOTHING else, none of us.

Wondering if this is all of the MTB group for some reason, or we an unlucky 3.

Ye, I'd like to photo's afterwards so wondering how they will ID us, or if it will be me searching all the riders, or maybe we lucky and they put all the non ID's riders in one group/collection for me to search.

G

That's the one you usually get when road racing, plus a couple of stickers with your number on for jetlineaction pics if you want pics. Should all be in your envelope

There are no photo numbers, irrespective of if you are in the road groups or MTB group, the paper number the gave you is all you need and this gets attached to the back of your shirt with the pins supplied. I'm assuming if there are photographers they will snap everyone and publish them then you must look at their website.

ye,

I'm just use to there normally being a number at the front, and the photo's gets named the same as the riders number, otherwise everyone got to search through ALL the photo's to find the photo of themselves. Not making allot of sense.

I saw some of the roadies on Friday at CL, their packs included 2 paper stick on numbers also, Wondering why the MTB (since I have 3 examples of MTB riders) Not having gotten stick on numbers.

anyway, to late to fox now.

did ANYONE else in the MTB get a stick on number other than the one that goes on the back of the shirt.

G

There are no photo numbers, irrespective of if you are in the road groups or MTB group, the paper number the gave you is all you need and this gets attached to the back of your shirt with the pins supplied. I'm assuming if there are photographers they will snap everyone and publish them then you must look at their website.