[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic Cycle Race

Frosty

ye,

I'm just use to there normally being a number at the front, and the photo's gets named the same as the riders number, otherwise everyone got to search through ALL the photo's to find the photo of themselves. Not making allot of sense.

I saw some of the roadies on Friday at CL, their packs included 2 paper stick on numbers also, Wondering why the MTB (since I have 3 examples of MTB riders) Not having gotten stick on numbers.

anyway, to late to fox now.

did ANYONE else in the MTB get a stick on number other than the one that goes on the back of the shirt.

G

You can search for yourself on www.jetlineactionphoto.com by aearching for the predominant colour of your shirt, eg. MTN = yellow

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, well done to the organizers, it's a very well organized event. I'll be back for future events.

As for my race, AL was quite well behaved, managed to stick with the front bunch until about 2kms to go I where I cramped badly for some reason and had to sit up so couldn't finish with them unfortunately.

Thanks to all for a good day out.

Nice relaxed ride in BL. Things got hairy the last 3km so i decided not to sprint and finish with my bike and i intact. Pace was a bit slow during the 1st 40km and the last 20km.

Sad news of a lady that passed away during the race. Details a bit sketchy, but condolences to the family and friends

Edited by geraldm24

Big crash in AL as well. Friend has some damage to his back. Have to go back to the hospital tomorrow.

Lady got hit by a coal truck and injuries proved fatal.

Off facebook page:

Sun 23 February 2014 During a cycling event between Heidelberg and Nigel a female CHOC cow cyclist fell and the back wheels of a coal truck came into contact with her. It did not run over her but the damage was severe enough to kill her. Our sincerest condol to her children, friend at the scene and her family. RIP CHOC COW.

Sad news of a lady that passed away during the race. Details a bit setchy, but condolences to the family and friends

Off facebook page:

Sun 23 February 2014 During a cycling event between Heidelberg and Nigel a female CHOC cow cyclist fell and the back wheels of a coal truck came into contact with her. It did not run over her but the damage was severe enough to kill her. Our sincerest condol to her children, friend at the scene and her family. RIP CHOC COW.

Thanks, heard the details but did not want to comment without the facts

Hi gerald

Guess we'll get a email stating photos has been uploaded? or are we looking at Tuesday/Wednesday.

General well organised,

#1 More toilets... with paper

Att the end / after you've doubled back onto the Carnival side, and you turn left... some tape directing people would be helpful, also no one anywhere that took the lucky draw papers.

hmm, who had their computers say 65km, both my computer and my wives recorded 63km.

How's it that some people got the small numbers for helmets or something / board on the front, others not.

G

You can search for yourself on www.jetlineactionphoto.com by aearching for the predominant colour of your shirt, eg. MTN = yellow

I really enjoyed the race. The organizers really did a fabulous job, with everything really. Great attention to detail with the road markings, excellent marshaling. A rider came down hard just after the start in GL a couple of bike lengths ahead of me and my mates, and we were lucky to not to have been caught up in it . Anyone have any news on how he /she is?

Couple of twitchy moments with the short distance riders in the last few kays. 3.28. Will be back next year.

Really shocking news to hear about the lady that passed away RIP. Condolences to her family.

Edited by Harryn

Really well organised event... I did well considering this was my first 100km ride 3:15... Couple of hair raising moments with the vehicles between Heidleberg and Nigel, Also the short distance riders riding two abreast and taking the whole lane up even after the sign boards saying please keep left, so we had to keep going into the second lane to pass(I would have understood if it was a big group but this was just 2 people riding next to each other everytime - I felt like a chop having to ask people to please keep left the whole time). Other than my little rant(which i will remember when i ride the shorter distances) it was a good day out and the weather was not bad either.

Off facebook page:

Really sad news. Condolences to family.

And there in lies the problem

It's not listing any times/events.

G

look it up on championchip site. insert your chip no. and it will give all previous results