The Empire Strikes Back: Specialized Sues A Bike Shop Over Name

Bad Girl

After all the Merida/ Spez owner ship blah blah blah, does that mean my Merida is part Specialized?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After all the Merida/ Spez owner ship blah blah blah, does that mean my Merida is part Specialized?

Is a Fiat part Ferrari?

Just a quick one.

Did you struggle to read or perhaps misunderstand what was posted ?

Go visit Vetseun.

If he was close and I didn't have to get to Durbs by this evening a beer would have been great. Vetseun keen for a beer near Tiger wheel in Nelson Mandela drive?

:offtopic: Sorry. G-man. How is that fork on that Stumpy? You have the 32mm right? Mine feels like a pool noodle and want to get rid of it, or maybe its because I am a vetgat. Just wanted another opinion.

I'm also a heavy weight (90kgs racing weight, Current weight about 8kgs over that). No issues with the fork. What wheels have you got on the bike? The Roval Control 142's are super stiff.

did that ride involved some swimming?

Nope. Was taken during BCBR in June / July this year. We had amazing weather. Rained on and off for the week before the race, and started to rain again after we got on the bus at Whistler going to the airport again.

I'm also a heavy weight (90kgs racing weight, Current weight about 8kgs over that). No issues with the fork. What wheels have you got on the bike? The Roval Control 142's are super stiff.

Ja think so. It is a 2013 model. But I find that riding with a full backpack in Alps (110kg then) makes the front wheel wander in the really rocky sections. Going to upgrade to a Pike(35mm), but need to sell my repaired TALAS first(new crown and stanchions, full rebuild).

Nice bike but why a 190mm rear hub when the industry standard is either 135 with offset lacing or 170mm?

Built around 29'er geometry.

Oh and you forgot 142.