Swollen buttocks after 100 + km

Slanghoek Louis

Hi guys/gals. We are training for Transkaroo and after 100km our saddle pressure points swell. Not numb nuts but swollen butt. Please give us some advies.

In no particular order.

1)Get a proffesioal saddle fitting

2)Spend more time in the saddle although 100km is a good session

3)HTFU.

Swollen buttocks is normal I've seen a lot of people who have swollen buttocks. But it is more common with the girls

Are you using chamois cream for those boutjies?

Have you done a bike set-up?

Do you have a good quality bib shorts?

Other than those questions:

It is relatively normal to have slightly sore / numb / dull ache over long distances.

It takes time getting used to.

It never goes away.

Swollen buttocks is normal I've seen a lot of people who have swollen buttocks. But it is more common with the girls

Haha! Yeah, and widely acceptable in the African culture "ass" sexy..

Given my name, I have suffered too... A proper measurement on the 'assometer' to measure my pelvic bones and a 15mm wider saddle solved most of my probs. And And some weight loss also helped, I think.

Thanx guys. We use Selle Italia saddle's and Simano bibs. Where and who do you recommend for fitment. Have heard not so great news about fitment agents. Let you spend thousends and then you are worse off afterwards. We are near Worcestor

Thanx guys. We use Selle Italia saddle's and Simano bibs. Where and who do you recommend for fitment. Have heard not so great news about fitment agents. Let you spend thousends and then you are worse off afterwards. We are near Worcestor

Maybe look at better quality bibshorts than Shimano, Slanghoek Louis...

The improved padding over long distances will make a big difference.

Retul Fitting! The end of all butt-pains :whistling: