Modderfontein reserve trails

Had a nice ride there on Saturday. Chatted to one of the managers who confirmed new route signs going up today (Monday) weather permitting. .. at least its a start...

Good to hear. Positive stuff!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the weather isn't great today, but hopefully this week they can get the signage up

What's the chance of someone smoothing the first drop-off at the start to the course (just before the climb on tar)?

For the inexperienced like me, it's a bit nervous navigating those rutts...

What's the chance of someone smoothing the first drop-off at the start to the course (just before the climb on tar)?

They have in the recent past, but I think water runoff causes erosion and the rutts develop even further.

• 2 weeks later...

and a chicken run … for me? :blush:

it is bad at the moment, even their bakkie got stuck in the mud but the new signs are looking awesome, and the bike wash facility is supposed to start this saturday - much needed - and it's free :clap: :clap:

Modders was already slushy before the last two weeks of London weather. Must be mudhell now.

I feel bad for the guys trying to refurbish the place - the weather gods arenot playing fair!

and a chicken run … for me? :blush:

it is bad at the moment, even their bakkie got stuck in the mud but the new signs are looking awesome, and the bike wash facility is supposed to start this saturday - much needed - and it's free :clap: :clap:

They built a bridge ages ago to avoid folk having to go down the steep slope.

They built a bridge ages ago to avoid folk having to go down the steep slope.

so i am allowed to go down on the bridge? I do that now but i always sheepishly move off when someone comes up as i thought it was one way. :clap:

one day I'll get someone to disconnect my brakes and tackle that slope but for now bridge it is.

so i am allowed to go down on the bridge? I do that now but i always sheepishly move off when someone comes up as i thought it was one way. :clap:

one day I'll get someone to disconnect my brakes and tackle that slope but for now bridge it is.

I also thought the bridge was one way for those finishing the ride...

Thought it was built when they cut out the last 1km "round the dam" section.

Either way - like all things in life - it'll work fine as a two way unless "I have right of way" twats get involved.

Modders was already slushy before the last two weeks of London weather. Must be mudhell now.

I feel bad for the guys trying to refurbish the place - the weather gods arenot playing fair!

I was thinking just this! It must be a swampland by now :wacko:

Eissh, that drop at the start is the hardest thing in the park - never thought bridge would be for one way & not had probs going that way; I just take it as the way in and out.

Eissh, that drop at the start is the hardest thing in the park - never thought bridge would be for one way & not had probs going that way; I just take it as the way in and out.

I'm with you on that one!!!

A bit of work grading the surface and that drop would be a lot of fun to start the course!

Archived