Modderfontein reserve trails

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Is the trails open on mondays ? Im keen to go tommorow..

Thanks

Yup 6am - 6pm trails are open

Very muddy and it's still raining right now. Was there this morning. Dirty, cold but good fun.

Yup 6am - 6pm trails are open

Very muddy and it's still raining right now. Was there this morning. Dirty, cold but good fun.

Haha awesome, the mud can be a pain sometimes getting stuck everywhere in the drivetrain, but other then that its super fun !! Cant wait :-)

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday whent for a ride a modders. Absolutely love the place just have one complaint. People should follow the arrows I was coming down a rather fast section near the fence nearing the end and almost collided with some one coming the wrong way. Oh and still get told " slow down you $&€%#".

I can tell you I was less impressed.

So yesterday whent for a ride a modders. Absolutely love the place just have one complaint. People should follow the arrows I was coming down a rather fast section near the fence nearing the end and almost collided with some one coming the wrong way. Oh and still get told " slow down you $&€%#".

I can tell you I was less impressed.

i hope you told him where the &/($)& he should go.......! Wrong and won't admit it.......prick!

I had the same problem on Sunday, with riders going the wrong way and taking up both sides of the track. Better signage and communication to riders needed?

Why would you cut your ride short because of a snake? Just let it move off and continue your ride :eek:

damn race snakes.

Yup, but as far as I am aware, there is certainly some 2-way traffic jeep track.

They need to mark the 2-way tracks clearly so people don't freak out at each other...

I can see the sign already, showing up and down, then people will complain they don't know if they coming or going.

G

Yup, but as far as I am aware, there is certainly some 2-way traffic jeep track.

They need to mark the 2-way tracks clearly so people don't freak out at each other...

I had the same problem on Sunday, with riders going the wrong way and taking up both sides of the track. Better signage and communication to riders needed?

When I shouted at the one rider going the wrong way, he said he knew, so I doubt it is due to signage. Perhaps just trying to mix the riding excitement up a bit with different routes.

Agreed - there are many jeep tracks that are dual direction. If you meet someone coming the other way keep left and smile.

Single track - different story. I have not seen any dual direction single track. If you meet someone coming the other way, make sure you're going the right way. Stop. Educate. Swearing doesn't achieve much.

Eldron removes pacifist hat.